Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving back to Mempho and it's been 26yrs since I rode there; Shelby Dr., G'town, Collierville & S'haven were good county rides then, but it seems like they're all 6-lane roads now. My kids live in Bartlet & Atoka (Munford area) and I plan on buying something North (Tipton County) and would appreciate any info on ride areas.... I know Mempho is still not 'rider friendly'. Send me an email if you have some suggestions...
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I'm here. Here is a link that is the best place to start. There are links within to local rides, routes, and shops. Memphis may be getting a little more bike friendly. I said a little. I have been really surprised lately by the number of riders I have seen out while riding. I know the LBS where I hang has been covere up this summer with new sales and repairs.

Tipton County is good over near the river. Not too many people over that way yet. Tipton, just north and east of Millington is one of the fastest growing areas and the roads are still small county roads. I don't know many folks that ride there. Welcome back. Contact us when you get here.
http://memphishightailers.clubexpress.com/

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to all...
I didn't realize that the Hightailers were still around....I rode a few rides with this group
(circa 1981)...first bike was from Hickory Hills Bike Shop...
Thanks again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.