Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone happens to have any 'insider knowledge' of when Clement might be releasing the new tubeless Cyclocross tires (including the MXP)? I know they had a few press releases late last summer but I haven't heard anything since.... anyone?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I heard soon...probably see something at Sea Otter I'd think unless they can't get a handle on the manufacturing/quality control issues.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know why I'm so ancy... I have 7 months before 'cross races start up again where I live, but I've been wondering about new tubeless 'cross tires ever since the middle of last season.

I guess I can wait for these to come out and for someone do do a thorough review (I loved your tubeless tire info, Dave)...I've been debating the merits of this future tubeless MXP vs the Schwalbe X-One, IRC Serac (recommended to me by Canadian Women's champ Mical Dyck, although I think it may be too narrow for my tastes), or...?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Speaking of Clement, their website is really weak. It's not updated for the tires they carry and the estimated weights for many tires aren't listed. That must mean their tires are HEAVY!

·
Registered
263 Posts
The US importer, ProNet Cycling has a retail site with better pics and descriptions.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just mounted up this set of Serac sand tires on a customers new wheelset.
Measure: 33.2
Internal rim width: 17mm

The tires weigh 370g and 384g

View attachment 313214
I was curious about those as a file tread since it doesn't look like Clement is releasing the LAS in Tubeless. Any idea how those are for cornering? not much in the lines of shoulder tread eh?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Apparently the MXP Tubeless Ready is ~470g/tire....not exactly light eh? I might be running Schwalbe X-Ones instead unless this rumor is false....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts