Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to glue a tire, practice dismounts/barriers/remounting, or just get the damn season underway? I just ordered tires and am beside myself since my MTB season is now winding down. I'm actually looking forward to a rainy weekend so I can glue a new tubular on.

Sept 21 seems eons away... :sad:

· Frites en Mayo Velo Club
226 Posts
Just went out with teammates last night and did a couple of laps. They upgraded some stuff in the park we train at and had to come up with a new course.

The new course is all grass with about 80 stairs in it...good interval training

1st race of the season is Sept 13th....the first of about 25 races this year. Each weekend has a race on Sat and Sun this year.....the pocket book is already lighter thinking about it

· Registered
1,194 Posts
I just got home from a couple hours on the cross bike. I rode some steep dirt roads in the Marin Headlands area. I'm super stoked for cross, I'm just finishing up my 4 week rest from racing/ base miles period. I was glad to be on the cross bike for sure but I'm pretty tired from a long day of training yesterday. I'm about to take a nap right now.

I think there's a cross on the last weekend of august in Livermore that I could do! I will probably miss it because I'll still be doing some crits then. I definitely will be racing cross by the second week of september.

· Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
I don't have to wait that long. Got 2 races the week before.:thumbsup: Got my new Rival shifters yesterday and now I just have to put the bike back together after swapping over to Sram and getting rid of my #$^&***!!! Empella froglegs.

· Registered
712 Posts
24 hrs of cross

bunch of us from my cross team are bring the cx bikes to 24hrs of great glen in NH. Just for a lap or two for giggles though. I aint that stupid (we are doing two Duo teams).

The big question is to tubie or not to tubie...

J

· Blah, Blah, Blah
618 Posts
I'm itching, but my doctor says a few more days on the antibiotics and staying away from those "working girls" will keep it from coming back..............

Oh, sorry you meant cross. First races are like 3 weeks away in New England.
I'm stretching new tubies right now and new chain, cassette, cables, and bar tape are on the way. Should be gluing the tires in about 2 weeks.

· Captain Obvious
11,956 Posts
jpelaston said:
i'm stoked for it... unfortunately/ fortunately my wedding is sept 13th and i don't have as much time to devote to cx this year as i would like...

pick a rain date for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.