Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a set of tubies with these rims. Can't find sh*t information-wise on the rims, however.
Any one?
Thx.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
BUY THEM!!!!!!! or point me in the direction

besides being highly sought after and getting HUGE amounts of $ from vintage nuts. Mavic's premier classics rim pre prebuilt Wheelset era. Typically mid 90s ceramic usually with braking surface. (surfaces are typically worn away, so then rim functions as a typical rim sidewall)
I have one, other rim in set is a GP4. My Classic Roubaix even has a Lotto Team sticker. Really, these are the bees knees, or just buy them, sell the rims and buy 3 or 4 reflexes.
Lucky, I'm jealous and I just picked up Dura Ace 7700- Reflex 32-3x for under $200 Shipped!

G

·
I have two wheelsets built up with the Paris-Roubaix tubular rims.

Really nice, stout box section rim.

Bulletproof.

Probably one of the nicest rims they ever made.

Get those, and build them properly, you will have a set of wheels for life - and better than anything Mavic make now-a-days.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear. (I figured they would be good. The wheelset is already built w/ White industries hubs and Ti spokes. They were never used for cross so they're likely in good shape.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
like toomany said

there isn't a finer rim available, especially for cx (or April trips to the low countries)

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Kram said:
Good to hear. (I figured they would be good. The wheelset is already built w/ White industries hubs and Ti spokes. They were never used for cross so they're likely in good shape.
Yer gonna feel like you have a flat for a bit afore you get used to ridin the Ti spokes. I hadta constantly look down to make sure my tires were inflated every time I rode em!

Make for a very light wheelset. My spokes started breaking at the heads after about 3 years. Replaced em with DTs after about the 3rd one. Bummer.

M

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I double checked. No Ti spokes, so I guess that isn't an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts