Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got you covered.Ass Savers

Thought about it. Very straightforward design and setup. Only thing I am questioning is the effectiveness, even though they've been seen used in Milan-SanRemo.

Also wondering anyone has anything to say about the lightweight vs. regular model. I know the difference is 0.3mm but how has that worked out for anyone who has used it? Same price so I'm figuring, why not?

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Well, I used to have a "ghetto" bottle fender I hooked up to my saddle likewise and it worked somewhat but not perfectly.

It gets most of the spray... but it's nothing compared to full proper fenders. So from my answer, you should know what you get. 0.3mm should be pretty negligible for skunk tail coverage overall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So they have a lightweight version now. I guess they realized that the standard model is maybe to thick/stiff. My standard model came in at 15g so the weight savings will be minimal. Regarding the effectiveness, a few drops still find a way to my back, but my bottom is considerably drier.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So they have a lightweight version now. I guess they realized that the standard model is maybe to thick/stiff. My standard model came in at 15g so the weight savings will be minimal. Regarding the effectiveness, a few drops still find a way to my back, but my bottom is considerably drier.
Thanks (and everyone else who responded)

They said the "lightweight" (9 grams) version was a production mistake when accidentally using thinner material. Hence why in one color and in limited quantities. Started to become more inclined to the regular model, just not sure what color I want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got one. It works pretty well and I also cut it to slide it into the sleeve under my Bontrager saddle wedge, which stopped the bag getting so wet. Only issue is that it will flap around in very strong winds (I do however live in Scotland!).

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
from your posts I can figure that we live and/or ride in the same area so it would be a matter of splitting the shipment once it gets delivered. (yeah i know it would be a savings of just $4.67).
eh, not to rub off the wrong way but the effort in splitting could actually result in a loss for us.

UNLESS YOU'RE SECRETLY MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR AND NEVER TOLD ME.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.