Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the Rossin Zenith frame? It is an Italian steel frame with carbon seat stays. Apparently they were made in Italy. The model I am looking to buy is a few years old, but new (as in not ridden).

The 59 (c-t) with the 57 top tube fits me perfectly. The guy in a LBS did the most amazing fitting for me, trying out different positions on a fitting bike, and I really think I dig the setup he came up with, which includes a frame of this size. I don't mind the steel frame (would prefer carbon, but my budget is around $2000 for the whole bike) but I am not wild about the steel - carbon mix in terms of durability. Should I worry about that? The frame itself weighs 1.7 kg which is not a real concern for me.

Oh yeah, I don't race or plan to for now, and would just like a decent bike so I can do long (100+km) rides more often. Basically I want a nice (as in light, fast) bike without taking too big of a hit in the comfort and price areas.

· merckxman
2,217 Posts
Read this

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-300866.html

iamnotfilip said:
Does anyone know anything about the Rossin Zenith frame? It is an Italian steel frame with carbon seat stays. Apparently they were made in Italy. The model I am looking to buy is a few years old, but new (as in not ridden).

The 59 (c-t) with the 57 top tube fits me perfectly. The guy in a LBS did the most amazing fitting for me, trying out different positions on a fitting bike, and I really think I dig the setup he came up with, which includes a frame of this size. I don't mind the steel frame (would prefer carbon, but my budget is around $2000 for the whole bike) but I am not wild about the steel - carbon mix in terms of durability. Should I worry about that? The frame itself weighs 1.7 kg which is not a real concern for me.

Oh yeah, I don't race or plan to for now, and would just like a decent bike so I can do long (100+km) rides more often. Basically I want a nice (as in light, fast) bike without taking too big of a hit in the comfort and price areas.

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, saw that but I don't want to base my opinion on one lonely complaint.

Anyhow got some more info about the frame: It is made from Dedacciai EOM 16.5 steel. The bike shop is quoting me $2000 (before taxes) for the complete bike with 105 grouppo (including crank and brakes) and Fulcrum 7 wheels, and some carbon fork (still not sure which). At first it sounds a bit steep but it fits me well and the guy at the shop is really nice and knowledgeable and I would love to come to him with any problems I have.

Any opinions if this bikes sounds reasonable. I would love for people to tell me as much negative stuff about it right now, so I can take it into consideration before dropping the bills. Also any suggestions you have would be welcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.