Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any thoughts on a 1990 Fuso FRX?

There's a 1990 Fuso FRX with full 14 speed DuraAce being sold about 50 miles away for $400. I know little about the bike except that it looks like it's in excellent condition with original paint/parts. It's supposedly a "custom" Dave Moulton frame.

I'm inclined to trek down there to check it out. Is this a typical price for such a bike? Are there any problems or bad characteristics of the Fuso liine of that era? Thanks.

G

·
Fuso was a line of bikes that were made by the legendary framebuilder - Dave Moulton.

$400 seems like a good price, of course if you can talk them down it's even better but nothing wrong with that price.

This will be right near the end of Dave's building career so a collectable to be sure.

Buy it, love it, cherish and ride it.

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
i think it's the other way around. Fuso was Dave Moulton's 'production' line and his custom line beared his name. still a fine bike by any standard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dave Moulton is a very friendly guy, who really likes to talk about his bikes. If you have any questions, email him thru his website and there is a good chance he will respond. These were great bikes in very limited production. While Fuso was his production line, they were made just like his custom bikes, sold under his name. Since a Dave Moulton bike wouldn't be customized for you anyway, the difference is really irrelevant.

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
Two thoughts

Buy it, ride it. One of my buddies has a Fuso (blue). Has the beautiful stays and seat pin remanesant of Mondonicos. Would definitely love to buy it from him. Go for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If it is the right size absolutely buy it. If not, post the info here (size, contact info) so one of the other RBR members can. There is no finer riding frame!

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Fusos are great.500 bones if good shape with

vintage D/A is a seal. pounce.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts