Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· BBQ and blues!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife wants to begin riding again but is looking for something comfortable like the Townies and Cruisers by Electra Bike. She's a leisure rider and wants to accompany me on rides like this.

However, reading the reviews there seem to be occasional quality issues. This will have to be an out of town purchase making returning to the dealer a bit of an ordeal, so I'm looking for something with similar geometry but better quality.

Thanks!

· Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Mean Bone said:
That's pretty close.

She complains that she doesn't like leaning forward which the Cruiser/Townie accommodates with a lower seat and higher bars. In fact, she has begun to get numbness in her right hand when riding her traditional mountain bike.
She'd really be stylin' with the Milano. :)

· Registered
3,270 Posts
My wife bought a Townie 7 speed in Oct. 2007, after recovering from a knee replacement, and has put over 4,000 miles on it since then. She's worn out two chains, original freewheel, and original tires. That's to be expected as a good part of her riding is in a nature preserve on unpaved trails. Otherwise, the bike has been great for her. Your wife is missing out on the fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.