Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other RBR members into fantasy baseball? If so, how serious?

I am a huge baseball fan and the fantasy game is great way for me to follow the game and the players.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,956 Posts
crumjack said:
Any other RBR members into fantasy baseball? If so, how serious?

I am a huge baseball fan and the fantasy game is great way for me to follow the game and the players.
I've never understood the "fantasy sports" thang-FWIW

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cmatcan said:
real-life baseball is lame and boring enough, why would i want to add a fantasy element??? just a thought.
Well, it seems natural that if you don't like a particular sport, you won't like a fantasy game based on it. Fantasy sports is just another way to be a fan and to follow the sport. I also enjoy the strategy thats involved.

I know theres a fair amount of people who think baseball is dull and boring but they usually haven't taken the time to learn or understand the game and its various strategies. If you have watched several games and still hate it thats fine but I would guess you watched TBS and the pitifully horrible announcers the Braves hire.

I am surprised I haven't found one other fantasy baseballer. Baseball is similar to pro-cycling in many ways: each member of the team has a specific role with a star or two, within the team concept its ultimately an individual competition, many of the stars are suspected of doping, only a few "tokens" are caught.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
crumjack said:
I am surprised I haven't found one other fantasy baseballer.
There is a lot more traffic on the site on weekdays, so maybe one will turn up Monday.

I think a lot of it is that fantasy baseball, and its focus on statistics, is inherently a "watching" thing. People here tend to be into "doing" things, like riding bikes. That might play a part in it.

One of my college roomates was way into strat-o-matic baseball, and I am sure he is now into fantasy baseball too. I like baseball and played for years. I like to take in a game now and again in person, but I can't stand talking the numbers.

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
firstrax said:
I'm holding out for fantasy curling.
If you want to scare your non-cyclist friends, tell them your fantasy pro cycling draft is this weekend. Worked on my buddy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts