Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going there tomorrow on a trip and I'm taking my SS, just in case the weather cooperates and the spirit moves me to go out and get some miles in. Any routes to take or avoid?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went for a ride yesterday

I did about 18 miles, very windy miles. And it got hot and humid. Got the rest of these posts too late to follow advice. Took my group to the park dropped them off, took a 2 hour nap, got up and dressed and ready to go. But where? On my way into the park, I saw a sign on the causeway, "No bikes, walkers, runners, etc" WTF? They want you to drive everywhere here? So I found out that the circuitous route out to the edge of the lake and south and then east and more south was the route I needed to go to find food, which was really the purpose for riding. I really don't like the park, lots of screaming teenagers, highly expensive junk food (ice cream cone, one scoop, $5.00+?). And it was supposed to be a recovery ride on the single.

Anyway, found a Subway for a melt sammich, some iced tea and had a leisurely ride back to the park. I only know that I went down to some place close to the interstate and turned around and came back. I think it was worth the it (loading the bike/packing clothes/ getting PAID TO RIDE!!) Might do it again if I have more trips there, some really nice houses next to the lake!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only go to Sandusky if....

Mr. Versatile said:
Where are you from? Come to Sandusky often?
I'm working. I drive tour bus, if i have a trip scheduled to Cedar Point, this time I brought my bike and gear, a first. It varies, some years I go alot, some years never.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.