Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any road helmet that doesn't make me look like the mushroom from super mario brothers?
Thanks,
Rich

·
Roll Model
384 Posts

:D

·
Registered
524 Posts
As mentioned, the high end Giros and I like some of the Uvex ones. Can't find a Scott helmet in the stores but they look nice on the website. I don't like the Bell Volt even though a lot of people really like theirs.

·
Registered
524 Posts
skyliner1004 said:
catlike whisper is pretty good looking
Really I think they are the worse looking ones. I bet it is pretty effective at cooling but it is not a pretty helmet. Little sister said it looks like the helmet has tumors.

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts

I find the Selev Blitz quite stylish.

·
huvia ja hyötyä
572 Posts
I like a helmet that does not hurt me when it is on my head. So far, I've managed to find one Bell and one Giro that I can wear.

This one does not look like a mushroom:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Giro Ionos

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
I wear the Bell Volt, it will be replaced this year with a Catlike. Each persons head is different, go and try them on and make sure they are comfortable.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
My specialized looks very different from others. Very comfortable on my head too. Only $69.
I'd trade it for a MET Sine Thesis in a heartbeat though.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
St.Zu said:
Is there any road helmet that doesn't make me look like the mushroom from super mario brothers?
Thanks,
Rich

If you're talking about a "flat" one, no, there just wouldn't be much foam between your noggin and the street. I have the Bell Array and it seems to have slightly less frontal height, though....

Once you find one that seems sleeker to you, don't worry about it. Bike helmets are generally accepted by all as required and most non-riders don't even look at it oddly. While you think people are looking....they aren't. Also, IMO a nice pair of sunglasses reduces the effect....

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
The Kaser helmets seem to be a lot more slim design than any of the Giro or Bell helmets that I have had.
You may find that some of these manufacturers do not come to the US (if that is where you are).
I know that Met made a decision not to enter that market due to the liability laws in the US.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts