Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diesel Engine
Joined
·
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am from North Carolina but basically on assignment on the South Shore until August/September. No bike here yet, but I probably will bring my fixed gear bike here by mid-April. I am staying in the Norwell/Rockland/Hingham area.

Are there any local clubs or organized weekday rides in the area? Any responses appreciated. Not sure if this is the right board to post this in but it seemed to make sense.

Thanks
Mike
 

·
Off the back
Joined
·
326 Posts
Look around for:

Mike Prince said:
Hi,

I am from North Carolina but basically on assignment on the South Shore until August/September. No bike here yet, but I probably will bring my fixed gear bike here by mid-April. I am staying in the Norwell/Rockland/Hingham area.

Are there any local clubs or organized weekday rides in the area? Any responses appreciated. Not sure if this is the right board to post this in but it seemed to make sense.

Thanks
Mike
1.) Charles River Wheelmen
2.) Naragansett bay wheelemn (www.nbwclub.org)

Maybe those 2 will find you what you're after (Racing, touring, companionship?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Mike Prince said:
Hi,

I am from North Carolina but basically on assignment on the South Shore until August/September. No bike here yet, but I probably will bring my fixed gear bike here by mid-April. I am staying in the Norwell/Rockland/Hingham area.

Are there any local clubs or organized weekday rides in the area? Any responses appreciated. Not sure if this is the right board to post this in but it seemed to make sense.

Thanks
Mike
I am a member of Mass Bay Road Club http://www.massbayroadclub.org/ out of Plymouth but they run rides out of everywhere on the south shore. They merged with the missing link bicycle club over the winter which was out of Weymouth( where I live). They usually have rides on the Weekends out of Wompatuck state park(Hingham), and see post below for one out of Hanson. They also will have two weekly crits Tuesday's(CAT 1-4) and Wednesday's(all cats) at Wompatuck. They have a spring thaw ride(April) and a century in August. The site is being rebuilt but if you subscribe to the email list you will get some idea of what is going on in the area. Also go to the contacts page and ask for more info. I know there were a few groups riding last week on Saturday and Sunday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
PatM said:
I am a member of Mass Bay Road Club http://www.massbayroadclub.org/ out of Plymouth but they run rides out of everywhere on the south shore. They merged with the missing link bicycle club over the winter which was out of Weymouth( where I live). They usually have rides on the Weekends out of Wompatuck state park(Hingham), and see post below for one out of Hanson. They also will have two weekly crits Tuesday's(CAT 1-4) and Wednesday's(all cats) at Wompatuck. They have a spring thaw ride(April) and a century in August. The site is being rebuilt but if you subscribe to the email list you will get some idea of what is going on in the area. Also go to the contacts page and ask for more info. I know there were a few groups riding last week on Saturday and Sunday.
Mike, one other site that is worth checking out if you are into longer distance rides is http://www.geocities.com/ne_century_rides/index.html which has a listing of most of the century rides in the area.
 

·
Diesel Engine
Joined
·
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, thanks for all of the info. I don't race anymore but am looking for some fast club rides or some resources to let me know some good routes in the area. Other places I have been usually have a scheduled training ride on one or more weekday evenings, so I'm looking out for some of those.

Hopefully I'll see a few RBR's on the road this spring. Look for an old lugged Trek fixed gear in late April or so. It'll be me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Mike Prince said:
Great, thanks for all of the info. I don't race anymore but am looking for some fast club rides or some resources to let me know some good routes in the area. Other places I have been usually have a scheduled training ride on one or more weekday evenings, so I'm looking out for some of those.

Hopefully I'll see a few RBR's on the road this spring. Look for an old lugged Trek fixed gear in late April or so. It'll be me...
Mike -

You may also want to try www.bluehillscycling.com

We ride out of Milton 6 days a week in the mornings before work(6am). If you like faster club rides, you would like riding with our faster group.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top