Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am looking at the Pinarello SPTeam bike:

CICLI PINARELLO S.p.A.

The bike I am considering is a 2012 model from competitive cyclist.

Comparing the geometry of this bike to my current bike, a Wilier XP Izoard, the are very similar. I am curios to read feedback from owners of this model.

Thanks!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was exactly where you are 3 or 4 months ago. Dig around on this forum and you may find those threads.

Good to see you looked directly at the Pina website, because this is where you can really find out about this bike. The SP Team uses the same frame molds as the Pinarello Uno, a bike you won't usually see in the States. Except that the Uno a uses a better grade of carbon fiber. CICLI PINARELLO S.p.A.

In the Pina world, that makes the FP Team the lowest of the carbon bikes. Moving up in order, the next is the FP Due, then the Quattro, then the Paris, then the Dogma (with the ROKH falling somewhere in the middle, probably near Quattro).

Not saying the Team is a bad bike (it's a Pina!), but since since you're looking at the offering from CC for $2500, you really owe it to yourself to look at the FP Quattro which can be had for only $2785 from Glory Cycles, who may possibly find you more color choice and more frame sizes. Pinarello FP Quattro SRAM Force Rival Bike 2012

My son has a Paris. The Quattro rides very very much like a Paris, just a little heavier, and better wheels will go a long way to fix that.

My own experience with Glory Cycles was terrific. Shipping was a little slow, but the bike arrived very well set up and I am completely satisfied. Tell 'em AJ sent you.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Great feeback AJ! Much appreciated.

The FP and Due are both listed as using Carbon 24HM12K (2013 models) with the Quattro using Carbon 30HM12K.

According to CC the 2012 Model FP they sell also uses Carbon 30HM12K. I am not sure if this is bs or if indeed the 2012 model was made from that same grade carbon. I'll keep trolling the interwebz about this model before I pull the trigger. Thanks for the link to that shop.

·
Registered
453 Posts
So what is it you like better about the Team than the Quattro?

The Quattro has all the assymetric aspects of the Paris AND the cables are internal. Really, it's a much better bike for just a little bit more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.