Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had success using paypal's dispute resolution process?

I bought a bike on ebay that's supposed to be brand new and NEVER used. The bike turned out to be used bike, the small ring still has lumps of greasy dirt and the large ring has been somewhat cleaned but wear and dirt is still obvious. There are also some small scratches here and there on the frame and on various parts. Also one component was Ultegra instead of Dura Ace as advertised.

I emailed the seller several times but got no response, so I initiated a paypal complaint and requested a partial refund to account for the problems.

I am wondering if anyone has had good experience with paypal's dispute resolution, especially in a similar situation (goods not in condition as described).

By the way, the seller has a 99%+ high rating, so it really shows how cowardly people are when it comes to leaving negative feedbacks.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have had satisfactory resolutions twice - once returned money for a product never received and another partial refund for not as advertised. I just wish ebay would stop retribution negative feedbacks...

·
lo and behold!
144 Posts
I received a partially damaged item from a seller. I paid for shipping insurance, I wrote the seller on a number of occassions with no response. I disputed the charge with Paypal and received most of my money back (my claim was for enough money to replace the damaged part). I replaced the part and everything worked out fine. I am still awaiting negative feedback from the seller. Perhaps he won't leave feedback?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Did paypal impose the partial refund, or did the seller agree to it to settle the claim? In what way was it not as described?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts