·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Flip a coin. They're both awesome.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Recommendations for pedals?

Yes, I highly recommend them. It makes riding a bike a WHOLE heck of a lot easier.

Seriously though, I just bought some KeOs and they seem really nice from the small amount of time that I have used them.

Todd

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
doublenickel said:
Torn between look keo carbon and new dura ace?????
The one with cheaper cleats. They're both really good. You can't lose.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
estone2 said:
The one with cheaper cleats. They're both really good. You can't lose.
The cleat prices are about the same for both, but you'll go through Look cleats a lot faster unless you wear the rubber covers every time you get off the bike.

The SPD-SL cleats with the yellow rubber corners are awesome and usually last me at least a year. I have some covers, but I hardly ever use them. They're in the car somewhere, I think.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I use KeO's as well, but the speedplay ones have been very tempting and they look great they are also light, durable etc...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
"Any suggestion for pedals???"

Get some. You'll be sorry if you don't.

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Campy ProFit

doublenickel said:
Torn between look keo carbon and new dura ace?????
See the review in the latest VeloNews. A great pedal, and when you consider how long they last, they are very reasonably priced. Mine have 95,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought the cheap Keos on sale at Performance. Great pedals for me and I haven't popped out of them yet. I was concerned about the fact that they don't have the spring tension of the higher end models. Good solid pedals.

Ekh.

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
I just got the Ultegra PD6620 (which is functionally the same as the DA) after many years of riding Look delta cleats. I've only ridden on them once but right away I think I'm really going to like them. Easy to get in and out of. Large cleat surface. And best of all, as android said, the yellow bumpers on the cleats. That makes them super, super, easy to walk in and most interestingly means that no part of the cleat that contacts the pedal is anything you walk on. You will wear the bumpers out over time but not notice any change in the pedal/cleat interface like you do with walked on look cleats. I've got to think this will result in slower body wear as well as less creaking. Got 'em for $65USD w/ free shipping from PBK last December. Seems like stealing to me.

·
Super Moderator
40,842 Posts
MisterMike said:
I just got the Ultegra PD6620 (which is functionally the same as the DA) after many years of riding Look delta cleats. I've only ridden on them once but right away I think I'm really going to like them. Easy to get in and out of. Large cleat surface. And best of all, as android said, the yellow bumpers on the cleats. That makes them super, super, easy to walk in and most interestingly means that no part of the cleat that contacts the pedal is anything you walk on. You will wear the bumpers out over time but not notice any change in the pedal/cleat interface like you do with walked on look cleats. I've got to think this will result in slower body wear as well as less creaking. Got 'em for $65USD w/ free shipping from PBK last December. Seems like stealing to me.
Ditto. These are the pedals I'm riding, and they are just as advertised.

That's a great price on them, BTW.

·
Super Moderator
40,842 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
Campy ProFit? Like the title of my post said?
Maybe he was distinguishing between Record and Chorus?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Take a look at the various Time RXS pedals (depending on your budget and need for weight weeniiism). Every single one of them is as light or lighter than the DA and the system is quite a bit different (the way the cleat engages). I personally think it's better, but ymmv. The walkability is very similar to Shimano with the three cornered bumpers w/ grip and protecting the cleat itself. Much less expensive than the shimano offerings (if you order on line), except for of course the ti/carbon ones which are somewhat comparable to duraace, but much, much lighter.

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
If you get Look Keos you'll definitely need cleat covers to walk on them. Even the new ones with the rubber inserts wear quickly and are extremely slippery to walk on. They're almost like trying to walk on a bar of wet soap. Cleat covers are inexpensive, and work very well.

·
On a different mission...
624 Posts
I'm a beginner...would Crank Brother's Eggbeaters make good road pedals? I know the quad-ti ones are light as hell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.