Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some new bibs or shorts. I have been wearing Castelli but they are wearing out.

I can't seem to find all that much information on Craft and Hincapie stuff - they seem like they are well made. Any comments on shorts or bibs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
441 Posts
I have a couple sets of the Hincapie bibs - they are really first rate - lots of nice touches everywhere, extremely well built. They do seem sized a bit small... (euro cut or something maybe?)

The company-team that I ride with makes them available at a reasonable price as part of the kit for the MS150, and I ordered another set this year even though I really don't *NEED* another set. I like them.

· Registered
128 Posts
I have some thermal shirts from Craft that I really like. I don't own the bibs but if that quality extends to shorts/bibs, which it should, they will be excellent quality.

I would also recommend taking a look at Boure tights. Very well made, reasonable price.

· Registered
157 Posts
I have two pairs of Craft bibs. On both pairs the stitching around the leg grippers has come undone. I purchased them last September and are part of my 6 bib rotation so I guess they have been worn 20-24 times. I will be searching for another brand with my next purchase.

· Registered
545 Posts
I have a couple of Hincapie jerseys' which I think are first rate, and for the price I haven't found any that are better made.

I have a pair of the Hincapie Power shorts, personally I don't care for them at all. The stitching rubs my cheeks raw. They are extremely tall, I prefer the cut of Assos shorts, which is below my navel, these come up to my nipples. And the chamois isn't much better then that found in a pair of performance elite shorts.

· Registered
309 Posts
I have both Hincapie bibs & shorts. The chamois is wider than most I've tried, which works well for my big butt. I really like the Power Bibs & shorts and have had little problem with chafing. The Performer shorts have a rougher chamois, which chafed at the beginning, but now as the shorts have broken in, have become more comfy. However, I only use the Performers on short, 1-2 hour rides. I'll use the Power Bibs on my first double century this weekend.

· Registered
185 Posts
I have tried numerous brands of shorts and bibs, and have found Craft the best for me. Don't know about longevity issue mentioned above (yet), but the Craft padding design feels great, even on long rides. If they last, will stick with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.