Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently decided to stop going to the shop I have been with for three years and I am looking to find another one. I have noticed a string of things lately that have really soured me on my current shop and I'm looking for some honest down to earth people to deal with .
I don't need much in the way of service on my bikes,I do that on my own .I'm really just looking for a place I can hit up if I come into any snags and maybe I good conversation occasionally about cycling =)

Thanks in advance ,

Curtis Green

ps. Also if anyone is looking for a partner around the Yellow Springs area and south , I ride quite a bit and would welcome the company .

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
There are several shops that I could recommend.

In no particular order...

Village Cyclery in Yellow Springs
Bicycle Stop in Springfield
K&G (various locations)
Kettering Bicycle Shop
IPro in Bellbrook
Wheelie Fun in Lebanon
Tipp Cyclery in Tipp City

Deals are usually a matter of timing and I've had such from all of the above at one time or another... but not all the time! Indeed, K&G had a killer deal on a complete bike late last season and early this year that I tried to talk a friend into getting. Alas, that deal is now gone (the cost was below local race team member cost).

While I'm in Dayton, I frequent your area. With all the trails and backroads, you should have no probs finding riders! If you're looking for me, just look for the guy out there riding either a Cannondale R600 or a Cannondale CAAD5 Aero or a Cannondale R2.8 or A Cannondale R2.8 with cowhorns or an Airborne Manhattan Project or a Kuota Ksano or a Klein Q Pro Carbon Team or a Vision VR 40 or a Vision VR 50 or a GT Vengenance or a Cervelo P2K or a Bianchi Mega Pro L or a Bianchi Milano or a Cannondale SVA 900 or a Cannondale F500 cuz me other bikes are being rebuilt at the moment... :D

·
Review RoadBike Member
1,561 Posts
I have been to the Tipp Cyclery and it is a nice shop. Village Cyclery is a cool little place. If you want to venture towards Cinci you should check out Biowheels. VERY COOL SHOP. I ride MTB in yellow springs a couple days a week.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Tipp Cyclery is a special place. It is family owned and the owner is very knowledgeable and patient. They carry a lot of neat items that they as cyclists have tested and determined to work and be high quality. Don't be put off by it's small size. My wife is from Vandalia, northern suburb of Dayton near the airport, and I stop by Tipp Cyclery nearly every time we visit her parents.

In Cincinnati Montgomery Cyclery is highly regarded and Oakley Cycles has Serotta trained fitters if you need a fitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.