Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there interested in joining me for rides along Brays Bayou throughout the week in the early evening? I generally leave from the Hermann Park end at around 6:00pm or so then dependent upon my training plan for that day ride for between 1.5 and 3 hours by going all the way up to whatever road is just before that Fiesta with a dodgy looking parking lot and back. As long as I can maintain a cadence of between 80 and 100rpm the pace doesn't really concern me so all are welcome.

I am also contemplating starting up a group ride that departs from the Museum District, although I have no idea when that would be, how far it would be or what the route would be as at the moment it is just an idea floating around in my head but if you are interested then let me know.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Jaseone,

I'd ride with you. My daily commute takes me along Bray's Bayou, and frankly, I don't find that riding along the bayou is all that interesting. I would much prefer to brave the traffic and ride the roads. I live at approximately Kirby and Holcombe, and ride to either UofH where I am a grad student, or to the Medical Center (sometimes both) during the day.

If you are looking for group rides in your general area (and you may already know about these);

Planetary Cycles (S. Braeswood and Stella Link) has a ride on Wednesday nights at 6. It is a pretty decent ride (as rides here in Houston go) and has some stretches where the pace gets ramped up pretty well. The people on the ride are generally pretty nice too.

The Bike Barn Kirby store has Sunday morning group rides occasionally. You can check their website for updates.

I know in previous posts you mentioned that Boone's is the shop that you use. Do they have a ride?

If you do start a ride out of the Museum District, please post on this forum. I'd definitely be interested in joining up. I'm still relatively new to the Houston area, and I would love to find some more regular riding partners and routes. Let me know, and we can meet up some time for a ride.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew there were some group rides around the place but I'm lazy and would rather be able to join one not far from my door. :p Boone's doesn't have a group ride and my idea was to have the ride leave from there if I get around to actually planning it.

I need to look at some maps and see if going along the bayou will get us to a place where we can cut over and get on the country roads to Fulshear as I despise having to go all the way out to Katy for that. I know the MS150 team I ride with (Chevron) have a route that goes from Memorial Park out there but that was a bit hairy in parts and having a small group helps.

I should be out on the bayou tonight training after work if this rain doesn't come back and the water level is okay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever get any takers on the Brays trail? If you are still looking, I would be interested. I usually ride from greenbrier to the dodgy parking lot and back. I am trying to get in shape for a couple centuries at the end of summer.

Cody

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.