Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
YEAH man!! he has a strong canadian connection. his song, 'alanis morissette' was the shiznit. he used to head-butt people instead of shaking their hand.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cmatcan said:
YEAH man!! he has a strong canadian connection. his song, 'alanis morissette' was the shiznit. he used to head-butt people instead of shaking their hand.
Man, I know that. I have been a WW fan forever.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
Dude, I knew Wesley Willis going back to about 1989. I can tell lots of crazy funny stories about that dude. ...and yes we butted heads.

·
Registered
727 Posts
ive only knows about dub-dub for about 4 years. he did an interview with canadian reporter nardwuar on muchmusic. very cool dude.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rocco said:
Dude, I knew Wesley Willis going back to about 1989. I can tell lots of crazy funny stories about that dude. ...and yes we butted heads.
My roommate in college was turned on to him by me. WW played at a bar near campus but it was a 21 and over show. I was 20 at the time, so I couldn't go, but my n00b roommate did. They bumped heads.

Batman beat the hell outta me and knocked me to the floor. I got back up and knocked him to the floor. He was bein' such a jagouf.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
He used to hang out in our the design studio at Crown Hall/IIT back when I studied Industrial Design there. I had a stereo and my p-rock records there because I basically lived there.
He loved those records and he always asked who was playing and how many records do they have and how many dudes are in that band? We used to by his big poster board murals from him. I remember on he did called "James Brown In Jail" It had a black crow in a striped prison outfit that said "Soul Brother # 143587" on the back. He did a fisheye panaramic of the Dan Ryan Expressway with cars and trucks. One of the trucks had a picture of a butcher chasing a chicken with a meat cleaver. It said, "As soon as I get you my chicken I gonna butcher your ass and eat you for my dinner".

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
My roommate in college was turned on to him by me. WW played at a bar near campus but it was a 21 and over show. I was 20 at the time, so I couldn't go, but my n00b roommate did. They bumped heads.

Batman beat the hell outta me and knocked me to the floor. I got back up and knocked him to the floor. He was bein' such a jagouf.

I lived in Chicago mostly in the Wicker Park area for about 14 years so I know a lot of people form the '90's music and art scene. The movie High Fidelity hit very close to home as most of the club and bar scenes were shot in my frequent haunts from my 20's. I even had friends in that movie who were extras.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rocco said:
I lived in Chicago mostly in the Wicker Park area for about 14 years so I know a lot of people form the '90's Chicago music and art scene. The movie High Fidelity hit very close to home as most of the club and bar scenes were in my frequent haunts from my 20's. I even had friends in that movie who were extras.
Oh, poor Wes. RIP. I was actually really sad when I heard he died, but partially because I'll never get to see him live.

Wesley takes me on a demon hell ride.

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Oh, poor Wes. RIP. I was actually really sad when I heard he died, but partially because I'll never get to see him live.

Wesley takes me on a demon hell ride.

He had some issues but he actually lived a pretty good life considering his challenges. He was generally dosile but I once witnessed him suddenly jump to his feet and kick some women for no reason on the bus one day. He was a savant of sorts. His mind was a sponge for facts that he would regurgitate from time to time. These were facts that one would assume he wouldn't know like who was the Secretary of the Treasury in 1988.

·
Registered
727 Posts
a 6'5 tank of a dude kicking women....nice.
i guess he must have had some helpers behind the scenes setting up his tours and keeping him out of trouble. was his family involved, or friends or what?

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
cmatcan said:
a 6'5 tank of a dude kicking women....nice.
i guess he must have had some helpers behind the scenes setting up his tours and keeping him out of trouble. was his family involved, or friends or what?

It was the only time I ever saw him act that way.

I'm not sure but I think he had friends who helped with the music side and he had family as a support network as far as his living situation went. Wesley sort of had a ubiquitous presence around Chicago. One could see him around town on the street on a surprisingly regular basis. He was one of those people who was a regular fixture of the surroundings when I was in my 20's and early 30's. I was at the Nirvana Concert that he refered to in his song Nirvana. My friends were touring with them as the opening act at the time. Of course I have some Courtney and Kurt stories from those days too.

Nirvana
Wesley Willis

Found on Prisonshake and Rock 'n' Roll Will Never Die

This band played at the Aragon Ballroom
About 5,000 people were at the show
The concert was awesome
It was a knockout

Nirvana
Nirvana
Nirvana
Nirvana

The band played it on the screen
They played it well
The crowd roared like a lion
The jam was terrific

Nirvana
Nirvana
Nirvana
Nirvana

The show was a rock and roller
Last month, Kurt Cobain overdosed on alcohol and prescription sedatives while the band was touring Europe
He fell into a coma
He then recovered, and returned to Seattle, Washington to rest

Nirvana
Nirvana
Nirvana
Nirvana

Walgreen's, it's the pharmacy America trusts

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Rock over London,
Rock on Chicago.
Diet Pepsi...uh huh!

Freakin' hilarious...I was turned on to him my junior year of HS by a friend, we'd crack up to that stuff non stop.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
long timer

My buddy has a great crayola marker mural piece by WW. It's a scene from the corner he sat on, with a great big CTA bus.

Ever hear the song "I Got Fat from Eating Too Much McDonalds"?

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alex-in-Evanston said:
My buddy has a great crayola marker mural piece by WW. It's a scene from the corner he sat on, with a great big CTA bus.

Ever hear the song "I Got Fat from Eating Too Much McDonalds"?
His artwork goes for quite a bit now. I've seen a lot of drawings of his go for $200+ on eBay.

Alex, do you mean "I'm sorry that I got fat; I will slim down"? I'm listening to that right now.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is the song that I'm gonna rap about
It's called that "I'm Sorry That I Got Fat (I Will Slim Down)"
This is the song that is reminding me that I'm fixing to lose weight and go on a strict diet

The first time when I got fat, I was eating those fatty hamburgers, fries, and all that
That's why I'm gonna do something about it right now
And this is the song that I just wrote about "I'm Sorry That I Got Fat (I Will Slim Down)"
So here it goes right now

Before I got fat, I was slim
That was this time when I was eating McDonalds
I kept eating McDonald's for five years from 1987
To 1991
That's when I became fat; a year later, I'm doing something about it

I'm sorry that I got fat
I'm sorry that I got fat
I'm sorry that I got fat
I will slim down

I've been trying to lose weight
But it's time-taking
It's been time-taking, but I'm fixing to stay away from Wendys, Burger King, and McDonalds, plus White Castles
That's what I'm going to do, and that's that

I'm sorry that I got fat
I'm sorry that I got fat
I'm sorry that I got fat
I will slim down

I'm getting tired of eating McDonalds
That's the same as I'm tired of eating Wendys, Burger King, White Castle, and other places
Let me tell you when and how I'm losing weight

I'm sorry that I got fat
I'm sorry that I got fat
I'm sorry that I got fat
I will slim down

From now on, I'm staying away from fatty foods
And eating healthy foods
And going on a strict diet

I'm sorry that I got fat
I'm sorry that I got fat
I'm sorry that I got fat
I will slim down