Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will he come back? If so, will he sign with Rock Racing, Garmin or another team? Personally I'd like to see him ride for Garmin. He and Zabriskie are boys. The Allen Lim connection. David Millar was suspended for doping, so that's not an issue. I still believe that Floyd won the 06 Tour clean and I hope he can come back and win the Tour again just to say "F you" to all the doubters.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd like to see Landis come back as well, but I don't think you'll see a team roll the dice with Landis at the TdF. I highly doubt ASO would invite Landis or his team to/back at the Tour.
I also think he won straight up, irritates me when I read, "Oscar Pereiro, winner of the 2006 TdF".

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
gmtarr said:
Will he come back? If so, will he sign with Rock Racing, Garmin or another team? Personally I'd like to see him ride for Garmin. He and Zabriskie are boys. The Allen Lim connection. David Millar was suspended for doping, so that's not an issue. I still believe that Floyd won the 06 Tour clean and I hope he can come back and win the Tour again just to say "F you" to all the doubters.
The major difference between Millar and Landis is that Millar fessed up. Big difference.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
he showed up a month or so ago for one of our local training races (Lim was with him), so he's definitely training again - was getting some powertap data in a race situation. He was going OK and looked leaner that I thought he might be. My guess is he'll be in a Rock kit in 09 once the suspension is over.

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
gmtarr said:
Yeah, wouldn't it be great if Ricco, Piepoli, Mayo, Vino, Kash, Basso, Jan and Floyd all came back and signed onto the same team and dominated some future TdF just to stick it to the ASO? And wouldn't it be great if they did it all with straight face while riding "clean"?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Garmin wouldn't touch Landis with a ten-foot pole. Neither would any other team that (a) cares about projecting an anti-doping image, or (b) cares about getting an invite to the Tour de France.

These days, there's no room on the top teams for unrepentant dopers like Landis. I bet Floyd is wishing now that he'd spent his suspension time speaking out against doping, or helping orphans in India, rather than swindling his fans out of money to support his bogus claims of innocence.

Landis to Rock Racing is my guess.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
Yeah. Good match. A doper who still won't fess up with a team who has one, if not the strictest, anti-doping policies. Bet you believe in Santa, too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
How did this get moved to the doping forum in roughly an hour? The question wasn't about his doping, it was about if anybody knew if/when he was coming back? Kind of a short leash on this, eh admin guy? WTF?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MG537 said:
Yeah, wouldn't it be great if Ricco, Piepoli, Mayo, Vino, Kash, Basso, Jan and Floyd all came back and signed onto the same team and dominated some future TdF just to stick it to the ASO? And wouldn't it be great if they did it all with straight face while riding "clean"?
I hope you are joking with your Bjarne Riis is innocent headline. Because that kind of makes your post a tad bit hypocritical. That's just me though.

Secondly, like I said above, I believe that Floyd did not dope. That is my opinion. I'm entitled to it as you are your's. It's all good. If Garmin wants a true GC guy they give him a chance. Christian Vande Velde road amazing this year but the chances of him winning it in the near future are prety slim. The ASO will have Garmin back with or without Floyd. They had success in this year's tour and you can say pretty confidentiatly that their riders are clean. Once Landis serves his suspension it's over. Why continue to punish him?

I still think realistically he'll end up on Rock Racing, a team that will never sniff the Tour.

·
Banned
608 Posts
coop said:
How did this get moved to the doping forum in roughly an hour? The question wasn't about his doping, it was about if anybody knew if/when he was coming back? Kind of a short leash on this, eh admin guy? WTF?
It is because roadbikereview pretends that there is no doping in the sport, so anything that can remotely be construed to be about doping is moved here. They have to keep up the whitewash, you know. The truth might upset the homers.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
Sure you can believe that. It's your right. You can believe Tyler didn't either. Same deal. You can believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, and Mary Poppins. It's your right. Doesn't mean it's true, tho.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
It is because roadbikereview pretends that there is no doping in the sport, so anything that can remotely be construed to be about doping is moved here. They have to keep up the whitewash, you know. The truth might upset the homers.

Maybe the Pro Racing forum should be moved here as well since any rider that has good performance is considered "suspect":rolleyes:

·
Registered
460 Posts
gmtarr said:
I was just thinking the same thing.

It's obvious whoever is moderating today didn't get laid last night and has no sense of humor. I started a thread in the pro forum titled "dope" that had nothing to do with dope and it was simply removed. Not moved, REMOVED!!

I've been sensored on a flippin road bike forum! My freedom of speech violated:cryin: Jeez admin guy, loosen up a bit would ya:rolleyes:

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,344 Posts
coop said:
It's obvious whoever is moderating today didn't get laid last night and has no sense of humor. I started a thread in the pro forum titled "dope" that had nothing to do with dope and it was simply removed. Not moved, REMOVED!!

I've been sensored on a flippin road bike forum! My freedom of speech violated:cryin: Jeez admin guy, loosen up a bit would ya:rolleyes:
When your intent is to tool Le Maud Squad, and you admit to such, what do you expect?

RBR is actually a very liberally moderated and run forum--there is much that goes on here that does not at all fly elsewhere.

·
thien™
3,425 Posts
coop said:

It was removed, because it was a lame attempt to provoke a mod. Cool off and consider this your one and final warning. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
460 Posts
tconrady said:
The major difference between Millar and Landis is that Millar fessed up. Big difference.

And yet they both served the same suspension. Look, the guy has done his time, let him race if he wants to. There is nothing that says after the suspension they have to admit guilt in order to return to racing. Plus, don't you think that he would be under tremendous pressure to do it clean after spending the last 2 years claiming exactly that?

·
Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
MG537 said:
The chance of that team getting in to the TDF is only slightly less than a team made up of aging French all-stars, led by Bernard Hinault.

·
Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
The truth? Who among us pretends to know the truth?

·
Registered
460 Posts
thien said:
It was removed, because it was a lame attempt to provoke a mod. Cool off and consider this your one and final warning. :thumbsup:
One and final warning for what? The point I'm trying to make is that this very thread was not started about Landis' doping and yet it was moved. Yes there will be talk about his previous doping, but the original question is about his future not his past. Look, if RBR wants to move every thread that talks about doping then why not just combine the pro forum and this one?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.