Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I usually post over on C&T. Sold my road bike last week. Looking for another. Anybody cleaning out their bike stable?I am looking for a road bike, not touring or cross, for riding to work and maybe club rides. What I want is something from 1986 to 1989, down tube shifters; friction or SIS, 7 speed FW preferred but I would take a 6, QR 700c wheels, clinchers or tubular, shimano, campy, or suntour, double crank, and steel frame. I am 5'8" and 155lbs so seat tube size would need to be 52 cm center to center up to a 54 center to center, or 54 center to top up to a 56 center to top. Top tube should be around 53 to 55.5 center to center. I am not too picky on brands or tubing, but not a piece of rusty junk or some museum piece. It is going to be ridden. I will be riding my IRO on rainy days. I have three hundred max to spend. Just looking to bring back some memories of a simpler time.
Send me a PM (private message) if you have something you want to get rid of.
Thanks
MN Dan
Chaska, Minnesota

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stable cleaning

MN Dan - funny you should ask - I am actually cleaning out my stable. Got my old ('89-90) Serotta Nova Special that needs a good home. I'm the original owner but it just does not get ridden anymore. Columbus SL tubing. Downtube shifters (Shimano 600), 7 speed freewheel. I'm 5'10. I think it's a 55 or 56 c-c toptube, which may be too big for you based on your post...but if I remember correctly, I've run it with a fairly long stem which may mean that it's smaller than I actually think.

Let me know if that would work for you.

It's a great bike. I had it out at my parents in CA and when they moved, they shipped it out to me here on the East Coast...it's actually all boxed and ready to go!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking for a 55/56 cm if anyone has something for not to much money or any ideas of what would be a good starter frame, have full 7 spd 105 gruppo and 8 spd campy athena gruppos but the frames they are on are reynolds 501 and looking for something lugged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts