Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wandered back onto these boards after a year or two away. The new boards by region is pretty cool. Has anybody ever organized an RBR gathering? I'm living in Iowa now but am moving back to southern Wisconsin soon (woooohooooo!). There a couple of state parks that would make awesome "basecamps" for a weekend or weeklong gathering. Really really great roads in the area. Something simple such as an organized ride each day and beers by the campfire at night could be a good time. Start some posts if anybody is interested. If I get enough responses I may look into getting a group site and scouting some rides.
SAB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Possibly

Depending, of course, on when and where, I might be convinced to get together with all you freaks and axe-murderers. I have family in the Milwaukee area, so I could send the wife and kid there while I go out riding. Another option, would be for all of us to get together at one of the organized rides in the region, Apple Cider Century, for example. Let's run with this idea, though. Sounds like a good time.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I've put together two RBR gathers in the Twin Cities

I got 7 RBRers the first time and 3 the second.

I like the idea of meeting at a regional event. Here's some I found at the TCBC website. Reply back if any sound like possibilities and we'll see what develops.

April 25 - Minnesota Ironman (not a tri) Lakeville MN

May 15: Randonneurs USA (RUSA) ACP brevet Rochester; MN 200 km.

18-May Sierra Century Tour Eau Claire, WI

Jun 9-13: Great River Energy Bicycle Festival / Nature Valley Grand Prix Virginia, Minneapolis, Red Wing, & Stillwater

I can't go to the above because I'm already commited to riding this:
Jun 11-13: Noran Clinic MS 150 Bike Tour Duluth to Lake Elmo; 150 mi.
Other are welcome to join me, I help lead a team of 100+

My family vacation is over the 4th of July, so this dosn't work for me, but this looks fun
http://www.riveraction.org/grandexcursion/ride_main.html

I'm also registered to ride the Great Northern Rvier Ride Minneapolis to St. Louis Saturday, August 21 to Monday, August 30, 2004. Meet me along the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My brother and his wife and I did the Tour de Hope last year. It started in Lake Mills, WI and went to Waterloo, WI (home of Trek) for a factory tour and then back to Lake Mills for the brewery tour with free samples, pig roast and an excellent live Chicago style blues band. They had around 700 riders for the inaugaural event and we all got to meet and bs with Kenny Labbe and Robbie Ventura. http://www.tourdehope.org

1 - 5 of 5 Posts