Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
likes to eat donuts
827 Posts
I've ordered from them at least a dozen times over the past few years. They're actually one of my favourites. :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Narshbarsh? never heard of them. And I certainly don't get a catalog in the mail once a month from them because I bought a tire lever from them in 1984!

·
Banned
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
:thumbsup:

Thanks guys...I'm ready to order from them.

For as much as I've heard people complain about advertising in Road Bike Magazines,
I actually love to look at the ads and if I can get an actual catalog in my hand, great!

I'm a gadget nut & tech nut.

:D

·
likes to eat donuts
827 Posts
2ndGen said:
As long as you're not an obsessive compulsive gadget and tech nut (like me), you'll be alright!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Nashbar & Performance - really the same business - are very reliable companies. They both have good prices, and some of their house brands are good as well. They both have a no questions asked return policy.
funktekk is right. Buy anything from them & you'll have a life long subscription to their calendar. You'll also get nearly daily messages from them on your email. 'Course, you can always block them.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
what Hickey said. Arni Nashbar has been in bidness since before I started riding in the early 80's. He's got a lot of my money over the years and will doubtless get more.

Their house brand stuff is generally good prices but quality has been spotty. Be careful with that. But the brand name stuff they carry (closeouts mostly) is usually very good pricing, and coupons / specials are abundant. Get on their email list for a daily special.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Headquarters for shipping are about 25 miles from me

2ndGen said:
:thumbsup:

Thanks guys...I'm ready to order from them.

For as much as I've heard people complain about advertising in Road Bike Magazines,
I actually love to look at the ads and if I can get an actual catalog in my hand?

Great!

:D
Nashbar used to be a great place to buy stuff from, still are. They used to have a store at the headquarters, just could get some smokin' deals there on stuff. Then the store closed up and they sold out to Performance. :cryin:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
If you are ever buying from Performance or Nashbar and don't see a discount on their website (or even if you do) be sure to check here first and also at the coupons forum of bikeforums.net. There are often coupon codes posted that work even when there is no obvious special advertised on the website. There are also sometimes coupon codes listed that are higher than the discount on the website.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts