Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next saturday, I'll be there, weather permitting.

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
Might be.

It's only 10 minutes from my house. I rehabbing a minor rupture of my achilles tendon and am only up to 45 minutes of riding currently but I might be up to it provided the weather is good. I just can't afford a setback right now.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Juanmoretime said:
It's only 10 minutes from my house. I rehabbing a minor rupture of my achilles tendon and am only up to 45 minutes of riding currently but I might be up to it provided the weather is good. I just can't afford a setback right now.
Sorry to hear of your injury. Riding in the cold with a tendon problem probably isn't a great idea. Maybe next year. It's really not a great ride, but it's fun to get out on a group ride so early in the year.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
4bykn said:
Sorry to hear of your injury. Riding in the cold with a tendon problem probably isn't a great idea. Maybe next year. It's really not a great ride, but it's fun to get out on a group ride so early in the year.
hey man im doin that
ill be the guy in the yellowfront/blackback cannondale jersey on the red trek, riding with CU Racing... actually *getting dropped* by CU Racing
-estone2

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
4bykn, good job! you blew my socks off...
haha on the return trip i held 22+ the entire way, but the last 3 miles i missed a turn so i putted around saint joe at like 12mph looking for the high school >_< :p

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was the wind "blowing your socks off!" I think my buddy and I finished about 2-4 minutes behind your group. We could see you all the way into town, and lost you there. Quite a day for a ride, wasn't it? 44 miles, ~30 degrees, 25mph NW winds. Brutal conditions for this early in the year.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
4bykn said:
That was the wind "blowing your socks off!" I think my buddy and I finished about 2-4 minutes behind your group. We could see you all the way into town, and lost you there. Quite a day for a ride, wasn't it? 44 miles, ~30 degrees, 25mph NW winds. Brutal conditions for this early in the year.
haha i suppose you lost me cuz i got myself lost :p
i missed a turn and ended up following the arrows that took us out of town, backwards, to get back to the HS... its really hard trying to do that cuz you have to scan up and down every street for those horrid tiny arrows.
i had 47.8 miles, but i think that discrepancy would be due to my wandering around :p
whaddya mean "this early in the year"? doesnt the weather get better during the summer? :confused:

great ride imho

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
estone2 said:
whaddya mean "this early in the year"? doesnt the weather get better during the summer? :confused:

great ride imho
I mean that I'm not in very great condition this time of the year. I do my best riding when it's nasty hot out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts