Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife.

It's actually a deep regret of mine. For all the bachelors out there - don't marry a woman with TMJ.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
http://www.webmd.com/content/article/66/79637.htm

i've been dealing with this for about five days. pain is less today but still irritating the carp outta me. slept wrong or something, plus i hold the phone with my shoulder on that side, and grind my teeth. i've taken steps to stop all three, and am using aleve as an anti-inflammatory (?), but it's still irritating as sh*t...
I grind my teeth like crazy--even went as far as to get one of those occlusal gaurds that you're supposed to wear at night to prevent damage. I can't stand wearing it though. Wife has had TMJ before. She had to get therapy on it it got so bad. Go have a PT or a chiro check you out. It usually just gets worse if untreated.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
http://www.webmd.com/content/article/66/79637.htm

i've been dealing with this for about five days. pain is less today but still irritating the carp outta me. slept wrong or something, plus i hold the phone with my shoulder on that side, and grind my teeth. i've taken steps to stop all three, and am using aleve as an anti-inflammatory (?), but it's still irritating as sh*t...

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Wife and I both have the dentist made ones...they are damn expensive and to be honest I don't know if I'd get one again. Neither of us use them on a regular basis. I tried just using a football mouthguard, but it was too uncomfortable. If you're actually gonna use it, I'd suggest going the custom route--the material they use is much harder and more conformtable.
Does it just cover all the teef so they don't contact any other teef or the tongue?

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I grind my teeth like crazy--even went as far as to get one of those occlusal gaurds that you're supposed to wear at night to prevent damage. I can't stand wearing it though. Wife has had TMJ before. She had to get therapy on it it got so bad. Go have a PT or a chiro check you out. It usually just gets worse if untreated.
Can you get those guards at any drug store or do you have to have the doctor mold one? My girlfriend grinds her teeth at night and sometimes bites the hell out of her tongue. She needs one of these.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Can you get those guards at any drug store or do you have to have the doctor mold one? My girlfriend grinds her teeth at night and sometimes bites the hell out of her tongue. She needs one of these.
Wife and I both have the dentist made ones...they are damn expensive and to be honest I don't know if I'd get one again. Neither of us use them on a regular basis. I tried just using a football mouthguard, but it was too uncomfortable. If you're actually gonna use it, I'd suggest going the custom route--the material they use is much harder and more conformtable.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
My jaws click when I'm eating and have been forever, annoyed the living crap out of my sister at the dinner table. My dentist said not to yawn fully but to keep the jaw a little back or it might lock-up on me. Never hurts tho. Not helpful at all but I just wanted to share this with you. :rolleyes:

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,399 Posts
It's all in your head.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts