Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Former triathlete looking for a new road bike:

Have it narrowed down to specialized and felt.

Really like the look of the Felt F45 and components for the price. Any idea how these things handle and hold up in general in comparison to other bike brands out there?

Specifically I am looking for something that handles hills well with good acceleration.

Thanks to all

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I see a few Felts where I live...

Dick Felt (I think that's his first name) lives in my neck of the woods (Auburn Ca). I see a few Felts on my rides. The local Cat 1/2 cycling team rides them. I have seen them on display at my LBS, they look like nice frames. Other than that I can't tell you.

·
Roadie Wannabe
7 Posts
I bought an F65 near the end of the summer. It's my first road bike and I really like it. It feels pretty stiff when I stand on it climbing and it does get up and go. I used to ride my old hardtail mtb on the road, so just about anything would feel more nimble. It was a great deal with the components on it and I haven't regretted buying it. Plus it's yellow, how can ya beat that?

Dean

·
Banned
476 Posts
Felt road bikes

I understand they are made by the same company/factory that makes Specialized, Motobecane, Cervelo, and several other brands - all made in Taiwan.

·
The Edge
205 Posts
Mine Felt has 6000 miles on it and about 15 crits and 3 crashes. I still get compliments on how well it looks. This thing has held up great and I trust it. At 195-180 depending on the time of season, I am pretty rough on most racing equipment, but the frame has held up great, even the paint. A local team just got the F15s and love them. I have the F75 2002 frame and can flex it when I get out of the saddle in the big rings, but I can flex just about anything I want. I got it because it was the best deal and I liked the way it fit and handled too. If I had to do it all over again I would pick the same bike. I just wish mine came in black and yellow instead of black and red.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My lbs strips the top Felt fully built bike...

and sells the parts such as Campy hyperon carbon wheels, record Carbon cranks etc. Actually he sells everything off the bike and sells the frame separately or with cheaper components. I don't know what model it was but it came decked out and he was doing great selling at least quite a few Felts that way. I am not sure whether he is able to do it any more. He is mostly Euro and Litespeed/Giant Composite seller or at least that's where he makes his money.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Have one

With thousands of mile on it. The frame is a fantastic sprinting and climbing frame. It has held up well. The only thing that has broken on the bike are rear spokes. Like any bike purchase - make sure it fits! Ride as many bikes as you can find and make personal comparisons from there. If it does not fit, look elsewhere.

·
SoCal--S Beach to the Dam
1,031 Posts
I'm pretty sure Felts are made by,Felt, not far from here in H Beach. Good bang for the buck bike. I have an 2003 Felt SR 71 for sale. 59cm with less then 1500 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.