1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Recycle King
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
697 Posts
I think it is fake or should I say the video was manipulated. The stunt from 3:09-3:23 is not possible. Try that and you would be falling on your face, game over.

And, I have seen many stunts similar but they are not done on a Road Bike.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I think it is fake or should I say the video was manipulated. The stunt from 3:09-3:23 is not possible. Try that and you would be falling on your face, game over.

What is it about a road bike that makes that trick not possible?

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts

It's possible.. maybe not by you but possible.

·
Banned
697 Posts
Road Bikes are designed for speed on paved roads, not stunts. The narrow tires make it unsuitable for stunts. Maybe some stunts could be done with a road bike. Have you ever seen stunts performed with a Road Bike other than this fake video?

·
Registered
964 Posts
It's not a fake video, it's a professionally done "viral" video compaign for WD-40 which was launching some bike products. It's been out for a while and "makes the rounds" every few months when somebody reposts it. I can usually tell from the thread title when somebody is reposting this same video...

If you notice the rider is using platform pedals and either tubeless or tubular tires running at very low pressures during the hopping and jumping stunts. You can actually see the tire pancaking as he hits the ground.

·
irony intended
772 Posts
It's a pig, it's flying. The video is edited so you don't see all the falls, sure...but that doesn't make it fake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.