Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. They're pretty new, but I was hoping that maybe someone here was using one and could (wait for it.....) "shed a little light" on its usefulness as a commuting light.

:7: {rimshot}

But seriously, folks ...

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
at first glance they look to be no better than a led torch (fenix et al) at >price, pos worse when you consider battery and charging options. for that much, I'd bite the bullet (cord) and get a magicshine

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
It looks very similar to the Cygolite Milion 200. A one piece light design is great for commuting as far as I'm concerned. I like being able to easily pop a light off the bike.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott B said:
It looks very similar to the Cygolite Milion 200. A one piece light design is great for commuting as far as I'm concerned. I like being able to easily pop a light off the bike.
Yes, that's why I'm interested - no cord, no battery pack, and the mount can stay on the bar. I just need to find one and take a look I guess.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
BianchiJoe said:
Yes, that's why I'm interested - no cord, no battery pack, and the mount can stay on the bar. I just need to find one and take a look I guess.
For what it's worth I really like my Cygolite Milion 200 with the exception of not really trusting it's durability. The first one I got was cracked, Cygolite replaced it promptly (props to them!), and the one have now the low battery light always flickers on and off. But ignoring that the run time is good, the light is bright, the optics are OK. The MiNewts are good lights (in my experience) in terms of durability so I bet this version would be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts