Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FroginOzzie
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a deal on eBay (Australia) for a Rolf Vector Pro rim with 8 pairs of holes.
Did anybody try to lace them on a regular Ultegra 32, using holes by pairs and leaving two free ?
I've heard the drilling on the rim is angled. Is it correct ? does it work then ?
Thx to share your experience.
Eric

·
Registered
100 Posts
I will bite...

You other grease monkeys correct me here, but won't he have a tensioning issue w/ traditional spokes and crossloading (and potential shearing) of the hub flange? Now I am not from the drillium era, so I couldn't say with any degree of certanty if those empty holes on the flange would be an issue, but my feeling is this idea is a recepie for disaster.

Anyone else want to chime in?

-Jay

·
FroginOzzie
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm afraid you're right

regarding the recipe for disaster.
In the meantime, I have looked at a complete Rolf wheel. The angle of the spoke on the hub flange is so open, I'd need to check also the delta between left and right flanges holes vs. the two holes on the rim. Plus I wanted to use it for the rear wheel with the dish etc...., I don't feel like doing it. I'(I don't think the unoccupied holes would weaken the flange that much though) but it looks like too much complication for not much. I'll buy a good Mavic rim !!!! Thanks anyway. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts