Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Size large. I paid for one, but I'm wussing out because of the heat. I've done it before when it was hot and it sucked. My riding partner was so dehydrated that her veins collapsed and it took the paramedics 10 tries to get an IV in her.

PM me if you're interested.

Good luck and be safe.

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BikeLV702 said:
I'm moving to Sac in three days and I'm curious what the "Davis Double" is. Sorry for the newb question, just curious what's going to be in my area.
The Davis Double Century is a 200 mile ride put on by the Davis Bike Club.

http://www.davisbikeclub.org/ddc/2008/index.htm

The Davis Bike Club is a great group and is one the most active bike clubs in the US.

· Riding towards Delmarva.
790 Posts
wipeout said:
Any fool complete the sufferfest? I heard it hit near 110 in some parts. Glad I skipped it (except I already paid for it...)
All three of us made it, a little slower than prior years.

Lots of heartache and despair out on those roads.

Overheard: "The Zombies will get you. Don't become a Zombie".

· Registered
52 Posts
No Joy!

It was supposed to be the third "jewel" in my Triple Crown...Turned out to be a lump of coal. DNF at mile 104 (Cobb Mt). 101 degree ambient temp, computer showed 114 during the climb. I figure it must've caught reflective heat from the road surface. Figured since I stopped sweating, got the chills and developed goosebumps I had better canx the rest of the ride. Wasn't happy about it but WTF I'll get the next one.

Congrats to everybody who finished!

· Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2faced said:
It was supposed to be the third "jewel" in my Triple Crown...Turned out to be a lump of coal. DNF at mile 104 (Cobb Mt). 101 degree ambient temp, computer showed 114 during the climb. I figure it must've caught reflective heat from the road surface. Figured since I stopped sweating, got the chills and developed goosebumps I had better canx the rest of the ride. Wasn't happy about it but WTF I'll get the next one.

Congrats to everybody who finished!
Cobb Mt is a very tough climb in perfect weather. You made the right decision - it's just a ride after all. No need to risk your life.

Check out Planet Ultra for more doubles. Eastern Sierra and Death Valley Doubles are great. Go for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.