Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at velowear's site to order a new jersey and bib and soon as I see those RBR bibs, I fell in love. I love that blue colour. I saw a lot of pictures here in this site and never seen anybody wearing one. Is there a reason why? Am I going to looks like a noob to wear them?

·
Administrator
12,915 Posts
linus said:
I was looking at velowear's site to order a new jersey and bib and soon as I see those RBR bibs, I fell in love. I love that blue colour. I saw a lot of pictures here in this site and never seen anybody wearing one. Is there a reason why? Am I going to looks like a noob to wear them?
I rider in the blue jersey (among others) its nice. Our team bibs are Voler as well, while they are no Assos, they get the job done.

·
Registered
119 Posts
go to France :)

I did not wear the bib shorts, but I do wear those locally. The color on the shorts does not exactly match the jersey though...

I may not be the best judge of style though...my other "fancy" jersey is a Phonak and now I'm considering getting a Bouygues Telecom kit - just to have something I don't see anyone else around here wearing.

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
linus said:
I wear mine all the time. I still need to take some pictures for Francois. (I have a professional photographer teammate who is going to do them -- need to set up the appointment!)

The shorts are really nice. My only complaint about the jersey is that it runs large. It's american sizing, not european. Keep that in mind when ordering!

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Just the jersey, but I have the same bibs in black and grey

I really like the RBR blue jersey (I just got two more Voler jerseys, though not RBR ones)--it was basically my introduction to the pleasure of wearing brightly colored road kit (I wear black most of the time). I like the fit of it quite a lot. I'm a big guy, very deep through the chest, so it almost fits me like a race jersey, though with a little slack around the middle. The arms and chest, though, fit close without binding. I love it. A skinny person might find it a little loose. For reference, I have a Santini race jersey in XL that's quite snug. Not strangling, but there's no slack anywhere, it's tight around the arms and I can't zip the collar all the way up without turning purple. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with a XXL (my sister bought it in Italy for me, so no exchanges). In the Voler club cut, I wear XL, which gives me a nice smooth fit and clean look, pretty much the way most people expect race jerseys to fit, and it's comfy with the zip all the way up. I also like the length of the zip--it's longer than most of what I've seen, but doesn't open all the way.

Like I said, I don't have the RBR bibs, but I do have two other pairs of Voler bibs that are the exact same thing, just not with the RBR printing. I really like them a lot. I've tried lots of other shorts, and I find that I'm happiest with simpler chamois than the high-tech stuff with multiple little pads and thin spots and thick spots. The chamois in the Voler bibs is pretty basic, with what is essentially a baseball cut in some high-tech material.

The shorts are very nice and heavy. They run pretty long, though, so if you're short in the thigh, you might have to turn them up (they have a logo printed so that if you turn up the band at the bottom, they still look good).

I'm pretty much a Voler convert. You can find cheaper stuff, and you can find fancier stuff, but for my money, it's a very good value.

·
Soul Mining
382 Posts
NeedhamDave said:
I'm considering getting a Bouygues Telecom kit - just to have something I don't see anyone else around here wearing.]
I bought the Bouygues Telecom jersey from Probikekit.co.uk last month and quite liked the colour and design of the jersey. The big benefit of it is that you won't come across many people -- if any -- wearing them no matter where you go (except probably France and other parts of Europe). I unfortunately had to send it back for a refund because it was one size too large and no smaller sizes were available. If I ever find it in a size 2 for a decent price, I'll snap it up in a heartbeat.

·
Ti me up
1,242 Posts
linus said:
Don't have an RBR jersey (really, really prefer full-zip jerseys - wish Voler would make some), but wear my RBR bibs all the time. They're some of my favorites.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts