Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if it would be a good ride for me. I'm 19, and I've been riding bikes all my life, but I just got my first road bike less than a week ago (riding a mtn bike before that for exercise). I've been doing ~20 mile rides on flat ground, and am going to go for a ~35 mile ride tomorrow morning.

The trip I've planned out for myself starts in Walnut Creek, on Northgate road, and ends at the summit. I figure if I run out of steam at any point, I can always turn around and have a quick ride back down the mountain.

I'm interested in doing this ride because of some pictures I've seen taken from other people who rode it. I would be taking my own camera as well. Also, I don't get many hills around here and was thinking of trying something a bit tougher.

Is this too much, too soon? Anyone else have experience with Mt. Diablo?

Thanks

·
Riding towards Delmarva.
790 Posts
use extreme caution on the descent. There is no trophy at the bottom for First One Down.

It's a great climb if you start just prior to sunrise. As you climb the mountain the sun comes up and it's very worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I might be going with my dad, which would be really cool because I hardly get to see him anymore. Way back when, he biked across the country.

Also, thanks for the tip about the descent. I don't want to eat gravel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.