Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Don't even think about it. Alibaba is a networking website that puts factories and wholesale companies in touch. Lately, scammers have figured out that consumers want a deal and will go to Alibaba looking for the buy of the century. You send the money, you get nothing. Look up just about any high end bike product. I thought about buying some Zipps, minimum 5 sets, with my team mates. Then, I googled alibaba scam and quickly changed my mind.

I would only buy from a factory that I have visited.

Jake

·
Registered
52 Posts
alibaba

I have ordered quite a few things via alibaba... I would be concerned with a large order like that though. I am still scared everytime i order since i have to wire money before they mail anything. I think you have to worry a little anytime you order over the internet, regardless of the company. I have had major website cancel orders, or ship late.. etc... i also got robbed on e-bay once...

Wayne

Red Sox Junkie said:
Has anyone ever puchased a bike (or anything for that matter) through Alibaba.com. It looks like some of the prices are very good, too good! For example. . .

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/101143940/2007_Kestrel_RT_700_Shimano_Ultegra_Equipped_Road_Bike.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.