Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought a set of wheels from texas cyclesport? I was thinking of buying a DT Swiss 1.2 centaur hub wheelset. I was thinking of buying from them or Excel. Has anyone had experience from them?

· Registered
902 Posts
While I have purchased tires and tubes from them, I have not made any major purchases but will say that the this is an e-commerce store front for a local bike shop in Texas. My experiences have all been good with the added benefit that since I am also located in Texas, UPS ground shipping usually means items are on our door step by the next business day.

· Registered
28 Posts
Super shady company. These guys sell used/open box items as new. Their customer service is non-existent. They shipped us "brand new" Vittoria tires without retail boxes and had the nerve to tell us, "boxes where not in the listing" -I guess spelling is not their specialty either.

· Registered
2,521 Posts
Super shady company. These guys sell used/open box items as new. Their customer service is non-existent. They shipped us "brand new" Vittoria tires without retail boxes and had the nerve to tell us, "boxes where not in the listing" -I guess spelling is not their specialty either.
Used/Open Box?
So you are saying they sold you some tires that someone had mounted and ridden down the road on. Or they sold you some tires that have never been mounted but they didn't have the packaging. IE white box item with electronics. Or the brown box that an Athena Crankset came in that I bought from a dealer in Ireland.

· Registered
3,956 Posts
Selling new tire without retail boxes is not unusual, as the tires are sometimes purchased in bulk by the retailers and the savings are passed along to the customer.

TexasCyclesport has provided me great service and excellent prices. I have purchased Shimano wheels and Shimano components from them, and the products were exactly as described. The Shimano components I ordered were immediately available (and weren't available at any of my local shops), and the wheels were on backorder. TexasCyclesport informed me immediately of the backorder and offered me the opportunity to cancel the order. I received the wheels about three weeks later.

No problems. Highly recommended.

· HERKWO
725 Posts
It's called OEM packaging - Non-Retail Packaging. Meaning the item does not come with a box or sealed in a plastic package. Most online retailers do likewise & Allows them to sell it at a discount. It is still a first rate/unused item.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.