Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of FiveFingers KSO shoes for running, and I really like them.
So today I decided to commute with them and if I tighted up on the cages, they dig into my foot.
Has anyone used these shoes with cages or any other pedal configuration?

Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes and they are terrible. You might as well go barefoot. Best shoes I've ever owned, but not for cycling. I got the KSOs and the KSO Treks. Wearing the Treks as I type this...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I love mine... for hiking. Not on the bike.

singlecross

·
BIKE GEEK
228 Posts
I have the shoes, and they are amazing for running, everyday stuff, and swimming. Not biking.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
We sell a ton of them at the shop I work at (outdoor, not bike) and I can't imagine biking in them being comfortable, especially with clips and straps.

I hope the shop did the right thing and reminded you to ease into using them for doing whatever you are going to do in them, they take an adjustment period.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for info. I am finding that they are great shoes, really love them. But for biking, they are not the best :)
Yesterday I switched from metal to plastic cages, but still didn't work.
Today I tried without cages, and I really didn't care for that either.

The shop, Travel Country, did a great job. I actually used to run barefoot, did a 5k and boy did I get looks :) , so I am familiar with it.

Again, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts