Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
century rider
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of ordering online FSA compact cranks, they have the lowest listed price I've found. I'd like to get comments about them negative or positive. thanks

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
I use them regularly

Have always had really good results. They take a bit longer than some of the more well known MO houses because they are more of a middleman to the QBP catalogue. However, they often have prices that cannot be topped (Ouzo Pro for $258.) However, longer is a relative term - typically taking a week instead of a couple of days. I even had a return once on a defective part and they replaced quickly and efficiently. No complaints, they're in my "best mailorder" folder in Favorites along with Excel and CC.

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
Yep I've used them too with good results.

As Terry mentioned, the shipping is not the fastest, but it is reliable. I suspect that they don't inventory most of the parts and have to wait for their weekly order to come in from QBP before they ship.

Bryan

·
Master of flip comments
1,725 Posts
AE Bike

battaglin said:
Thinking of ordering online FSA compact cranks, they have the lowest listed price I've found. I'd like to get comments about them negative or positive. thanks
AE Bike is in Kalamazoo MI about 4 miles from where i currently sit at my desk. I'm sure they'd be fine for simple orders. Personally, i wouldn't take any repairs there or have them build wheels for you but I think you can order parts with confidence. It's a relatively small shop in the downtown area but has been around for quite a few years. I just checked the phone book and they've been in business since 1972.

·
FTMD
283 Posts
My only complaint would be that the online catalog isn't in real time, and twice I've attempted to order only to get an email a day or so later telling me they no longer sell the product listing on the site.

Perhaps calling would be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
interesting...about to put an order in for a couple of items. Good to know that they are a decent company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts