Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about doing the Minnesota Iron Man on my fixed gear. Anyone else thinking aobut doing this?

Trevo

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Possibly

I've been thinking aout doing the ride on a fixed myself, but I don't think my new frame will be ready by then. The hills aren't too bad, so I think a fixie wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
I'm having a Mercian built for me. They are from Derby, England. 631 Reynolds tubing with lugs. Touring geometry and clearance for wide tires. Kinda a on/off road adventure bike.
Do you have a flat bar on your bike now? Drop bar would offer up more had positions-nice on longer rides.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I run bullhorns. But they were bent inward when my bike was strapped to the roof a of a van. So either way my Trek's getting some sort of new bars.
Ideally, some Cinelli Bullhorns or Nittos.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Radical!

This will be my first Century ride, and my longest fixed gear ride.
I'm really excited!

Trevo

·
Registered
144 Posts
Trevo said:
I'm thinking about doing the Minnesota Iron Man on my fixed gear. Anyone else thinking aobut doing this?

Trevo
I said I was going to do it last year, but was tired enough from racing the day before, I didn't think it would be a good idea. Maybe this year... along with a teammate or two (you know who you are)!!

JBergland

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JBergland said:
I said I was going to do it last year, but was tired enough from racing the day before, I didn't think it would be a good idea. Maybe this year... along with a teammate or two (you know who you are)!!

JBergland
I'm trying to enroll as many people as possbile in riding with me. Friends from the progam I'm in, people at school, people from my bike club, etc.

It just hit me that I have just two months to train, I kinda have a little booter-belly from winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
USAT Rules - brakes on both wheels

Has anyone ever personally tested this rule at at triathlon? It sounds like fixed wheel + front brake does not meet the rules; you need to have a brake on the rear wheel. :(

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
MN Ironman

jst said:
Has anyone ever personally tested this rule at at triathlon? It sounds like fixed wheel + front brake does not meet the rules; you need to have a brake on the rear wheel. :(
isnt a tri.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts