·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
stoked said:
I am hoping to do both weather permitting.

1. Hillier than Thou 9/19/2010 . Most likely I am going to do the metric century(62 miles) as I am not in shape for 100 miles with hills. Nicely supported w/ post ride BBQ. :thumbsup:
I do the 100 mile one every year, this will be my 5th year. Great ride:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I highly recommend both of these rides. Beautiful areas to ride, especially in autumn.

Hillier is great if you like lots of hills and if you're tired of the same-old-same-old rides around Nyack. The route changes somewhat every year. I did a practice ride a few weeks back that covered about half the century route, and we even went into PA for a nice loop across the river from Belvidere. With the exception of Fiddlers Elbow Road, it's my understanding that the other half that we didn't do is even more difficult.

Covered Bridges is a beautiful ride, and only moderately hilly. Of course, this ride takes place completely in PA, so maybe this thread should be in the Mid-Atlantic forum also, but my guess is that at least half of the participants are from NJ.

·
Beatchin' Technology
372 Posts
Do you REALLY like to climb?

+1 to climbingcue.

Two words: Fiddler's Elbow:cryin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts