Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· More cowbell!
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made our belated hotel reservation :cryin: for Saturday night. We're primarily going to cheer on some friends in the womens race, but will stick around to watch the guys. Will anyone else from RBR be in the area for the races?

· Registered
159 Posts
Cyclo-phile said:
I just made our belated hotel reservation :cryin: for Saturday night. We're primarily going to cheer on some friends in the womens race, but will stick around to watch the guys. Will anyone else from RBR be in the area for the races?
Since I live here I've seen the race quite a few years. Had great VIP accomodations a few years when CoreStates sponsored it and my friend worked for them. Got shuttle bus from wall to finish line, hospitality tent at finish with free food. Twas a sweet deal. Sorry, was reminiscing there a bit. :)

Yes, I'm planning to be there this year. Hoping to bring my good camera and get some decent shots. I'll probably be on my bike wearing my RBR tribal kit, if that'll help. I'll park somewhere and ride to the course. If you see a big guy with a silver specialized, RBR tribal kit, and red/white helmet, its probably me. Stop me and say hi. My name is Eric. :)

Hope you enjoy the race. I haven't been in person for quite a few years so I'm looking forward to seeing it in person again. I usually sit at home and watch live on the tv. You get better coverage/results that way but miss the spectacle of it all.

Later,

Eric

· More cowbell!
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suspect my wife and daughter will both be wearing their blue Velo Bella jerseys. I'll be in a bright orange Gettysburg Bike jersey and pulling a yellow/blue trailer containing my son. That should be interesting to pull up the Wall before the racing starts!

· Registered
236 Posts
I'll be there as a volunteer course marshal, hope to be able to work near the start/finish line. Will be driving in to the city very early in the morning as I don't know what time they start to close the streets around the art museum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.