1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,140 Posts
Ditto. Not just gas, but very very loud gas.

If I ever decide to enter a farting contest, Kashi GoLean will be my secret weapon.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Had the same problem the first few times I ate it, then the body seemed to adjust and the bugle-effect lessened greatly. The stuff definitely keeps the pipes cleaned out though.

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,796 Posts
I, too, have issues with GoLEAN.

However, my worse bout of gas was after eating Hamburger Helper beef stew. My new bride made it when we spent our honeymoon at a secluded beach cabin. She unfortunately witnessed a different side of me that she wasn't ready for.

I noticed that variety of HH is no longer available.

·
Banned
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm hoping I could build up an immunity to the stuff so it tames down. I finally found a decent cereal that tastes great and isn't loaded with sugar.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,140 Posts
I used to nosh on golean crunch in the evening while watching TV or horsing around on my computer.

No more.

The farts at night were so loud, they woke me up.

At first, they were part of whatever I was dreaming... grenades!! incoming!! giant ducks with deafening quacks!! run!!! ...that sort of thing.

Then a fart would be so loud, it would wake me up. (By this time, my wife was sleeping in the spare room.)

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
What can you expect from a bowl of Pea gravel in milk. I can't eat the stuff, in fact I don't eat any of their signature grain blend stuff. It's not digestible, at least for me and like a million other people. There are plenty of great options out there for cereals not loaded with sugar. Heck, you want high fiber, low sugar, low fiber/low sugar, low calorie/low sugar/high fiber... whatever permutation, it's there. I don't need extra fiber so I don't seek it out, I have plenty of it in my normal diet. More easily digestible complete carbs are better anyway... Just my experience...

Erewhon
Hodgson Mill Whole Grain Cereals | Where a ?Grain Day? Begins | Have a Grain Day!
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/products/365-everyday-value®-organic-morning-os-cereal

Tried plenty of products from these and others. Brown rice crisps remain a fave. But I like hot cereals better, rice or oatmeal, but especially quinoa.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I switched to All Bran (the little nuggets "with psyllium" one, not the flakes) quite a while back. Not too gas-inducing after the body gets a few days to adapt to it and almost as boring as a cereal could possibly be so there's not much temptation to eat the whole box in 2 or 3 days. Now and then I rotate in a box of plain ol' original Cheerios for variety.

·
Proud luddite
7,227 Posts
I, too, have issues with GoLEAN.

However, my worse bout of gas was after eating Hamburger Helper beef stew. My new bride made it when we spent our honeymoon at a secluded beach cabin. She unfortunately witnessed a different side of me that she wasn't ready for.

I noticed that variety of HH is no longer available.
My worst experience ever was when I made a pint of ice cream and to be "healthy" I used a quarter cup of sorbitol to sweeten it instead of using sugar. I didn't know at the time that not only is sorbitol a sweetener but it's a laxative too....and never intended to be consumed as 1/4 cup in one serving. Holy crud I've never had such digestive explosive power....and it lasted for hours. Luckily I was single at the time so there was nobody else present to witness the horrific effects of a massive dose of sorbitol on the human digestive system! :D

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
My worst experience ever was when I made a pint of ice cream and to be "healthy" I used a quarter cup of sorbitol to sweeten it instead of using sugar. I didn't know at the time that not only is sorbitol a sweetener but it's a laxative too....and never intended to be consumed as 1/4 cup in one serving. Holy crud I've never had such digestive explosive power....and it lasted for hours. Luckily I was single at the time so there was nobody else present to witness the horrific effects of a massive dose of sorbitol on the human digestive system! :D
Damn! If you had Go Lean and Sorbitol you'd have been an actual weapon!

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
Yes, fiffy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts