Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Anyone else having problems with Nashbar web orders lately ?

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  tgf63 
#1 ·
I submitted an order, Monday with 2 day shipping, at www.nashbar.com. Got confirmation email right after placing the order, as usual. Order didn't arrive Wednesday, so I checkd my order history, and it wasn't listed (I have made many orders in the past that did show, but not this one).

So I contacted Nashbar cust service about it, and was told that: the order wasn't in their system, they have had problems downloading orders from their "new" website (apparently their website and their "system" are disparate systems). They wouldn't resubmit it, as they have done that, resulting in duplicate orders. They can't cancel it, so they say. Just have to wait for it (how long, I have no clue). I have sent them a few emails in the last 2 days, with no response.

Oh wait, just got a response:

I do apologize for the inconvenience. Since we have updated our website
we have had some problems with some orders. Unfortunately, we are unable
to make changes to these orders. Please check back in a few days and a
customer service representative will refund the shipping charge for the
delay and send you a prepaid label to return the items you no longer
want. Again, I do apologize.

Regards,
Customer Service

This is now 4 days after placing the order, and I am to check back "in a few days" ????? Amazing, what HORRIBLE customer service. Anyone having any issues with Nashbar of late ? What have you done (or has Nashbar done) for resolution ?

Doug

See less See more
#6 ·
ARP said:
I'd drive the 25 miles from my house out to their warehouse and beetch.
Are you in OH? I live outside Cleveland. We used to take the trip over on the turnpike when I was younger. It was fun to go through the closeouts and returned merch. Don't know if they still do it.

#7 · (Edited)
DBtheCyclist said:
I submitted an order, Monday [....]

This is now 4 days after placing the order, and I am to check back "in a few days" ????? Amazing, what HORRIBLE customer service. Anyone having any issues with Nashbar of late ? What have you done (or has Nashbar done) for resolution ?

Doug
Wow thank you for posting. I have been scouring the internet trying to find others with the same problem as I. I placed my order on March 12, exactly 3 weeks ago today. The order has STILL not gone through. It is showing up in my "Order History" on the website, but I have called and emailed MANY times since and they do not have it on record.

I got the same response as you, the "I do apologize" BS crap standard response it seems. Although when I called for the Nth time last week they said "an order that was placed a day after yours just went through today"- which makes me feel like they are actually getting the orders through.

I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I'm afraid if I re-submit this order, the original order will end up going through too (and you know they won't be able to cancel it).
GAHH :mad: :cryin: :mad2:

Has yours gone through yet? I would assume not since it is taking 3+ weeks to "download" the orders- which is complete crap, I am a web developer myself and I know how this stuff works. The system is obviously BROKEN and they don't want to admit it.

#8 ·
Been 2 weeks now, still no order, not in order history - they still say it will come

But I doubt it -- so I reordered one of my items via phone, from Nashbar, got that promptly. I ordered a comparable item for the other from another source. If the order ever does show, I will return it all, and insist (if that will do any good) that they refund me for original postage, and cover shipping to get it back to them.

Customer service is (still) saying it will go through sometime. Where is it - they say it hasn't downloaded to "their system" from the website yet ? Travelling the globe for 2 weeks in cyberspace ? Sitting in a file on a web server ? Doesn't say much for them if they have a order placed via the web (I got the confirmation email), can't find it, won't resubmit it, can't (or won't) cancel it. You'd think, in today's economy and business climate, they would welcome all business they get -- I gave them my business - but by their actions they don't seem to want it.

HORRIBLE customer service, bout all I can say at this point.

Doug

#9 ·
I too have been a web / applications developer

tgf63 said:
Has yours gone through yet? I would assume not since it is taking 3+ weeks to "download" the orders- which is complete crap, I am a web developer myself and I know how this stuff works. The system is obviously BROKEN and they don't want to admit it.
No, nothing yet (see prior post). I too, though in mgmt now, was a web and applications developer for about 20 years. I agree, they have problems with their site / applications, something is definitely FUBAR, and they need to fix it. Maye we should go to work for them :) - having problems like this go on for this long is inexcusable.

Doug

#10 ·
They've obviously changed the way the website handles orders, and whoever is developing their new system forgot to TEST IT before it went live. So now I bet all our orders are sitting in an enormous queue until they do something about it.

I might have to re-order by phone, but I'm going to run into trouble because I used multiple gift cards on the original order that are now gone of course. This is so annoying. Right when the weather is getting better too. Great f*cking timing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.