Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really dont care for it, but when I decide to get a track bike, I would like it to a be a Bianchi. Is there anyway to have a chromed bike re-painted? I would like to be able to take it to a painting place and have them match the Celeste green or just a matte black.
Maybe try and find a dealer who has, or could get a 2003 black one for me?

Whats anyone think?

Thanks much,
Trevo

·
angel of the morning
2,984 Posts
i think the frame is cool ....

Trevo said:
I really dont care for it, but when I decide to get a track bike, I would like it to a be a Bianchi. Is there anyway to have a chromed bike re-painted? I would like to be able to take it to a painting place and have them match the Celeste green or just a matte black.
Maybe try and find a dealer who has, or could get a 2003 black one for me?

Whats anyone think?

Thanks much,
Trevo
when i saw it i thought it cool for Bianchi to make a chrome semi-budget bike. im not a fan of welds but were i in the market i wouldnt mind. i would attack the decals if possible with some kinda celeste marker or get some celeste replacements (shouldnt be hard). the saddle looks like something from a Flash Gordon film set and would go in a minute. cranks are a little wacky.

i will give big props to anyone that buys one and gets it anodized some funky shade. ive seen some really cool all chrome frames with crazy candy reds and golds and blacks and blues and coppers ..... i guess a celeste ano is possible.

i liked (and had) the matt black one as well. doug's w/ clearcoat looks sharp.

budget fully built fixies are a good thing - lotsa bang for bucks.

ciao

·
Registered
31 Posts
Way cool......

I have that page on the Bianchi site bookmarked to gaze upon it every day. I dont own a SS right now but that bike is definitely on the list to get this year. It takes me back to my childhood when I walked into the local bikeshop and they had just got in a Mongoose BMX frame finished in what they called black crome. I drooled over that for a month before someone else mowed enough lawns to come in and buy it before I could. B#$tard....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts