Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the chance to find a pair that fit perfectly size wise and figured I'd give them a try. They fit well across the foot, the arch cutout felt fairly comfortable but I could feel it was there so over a lot of miles it could easily begin to bug me. The retention system and straps were all snugged up and the shoe felt really comfortable on then I took a few steps in them and my heels slid right up and almost out of the shoe each step. I tried tightening them down a bit more but same issue. Looks like I'm sticking with my sidi's for the time being. Another new flashy shoe with bad flaws.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
I think we need another thread about this. Maybe you should see a pediatrist for the skimpy heel your pegging around on? Or, just take back the shoes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I couldn't find the other thread until after I had made this one. How do I delete it and I will. I have no worries about the return with their 30 day period but I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with the heels on the shoes mainly.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Just for the record, that's a problem with the fit, not with the shoes. Brands of shoes fit differently even in the same size--when I was playing basketball, for instance, I loved Nikes but couldn't wear Reeboks (made it tough, because I hated Nike's politics and policies at the time). Some are wider in the heel, or in the toe box or wherever. Doesn't mean there's a problem with the shoe.

(Why, yes, I DID sell shoes for a brief period, back when people went into the store and asked the trained shoe guy what size they needed. Now they pick them off the rack and limp away disappointed.)

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Agreed Cory. Not to mention that cycling shoes with rigid soles are not designed to flex and move with your foot like other athletic shoes/normal footwear. New carbon soled shoes are naturally going to pull off your heels. I can't put a new pair of carbon soled shoes on that doesn't have heel slip when I try to walk in them. Take a pair of clapped out pair of old cycling shoes and the heel slip is less 'cause they're worn out and the sole flexes more instead of pulling away from the heel.

·
trying to HTFU...
1,875 Posts
i'm looking forward to trying the RXL Hilos when they come in at my LBS.
aside from the funky crome-ish treatment(which should actually keep your feet
cool by reflecting the road heat away...) they look nice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The eSoles are a nice feature to those shoes. I wonder how people will respond to them after some time.

You want the heel to flex a little bit, a small amount of heel flex will keep your feet from falling asleep, but the kind of sole flex I'm talking about usually can't be noticed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Decent??

I have to say, when I heard this shoe was coming out i was very excited - also they are VERY white.

I got a chance to review them as I am riding for TREK - you can find the review HERE

Not sure - I liked them but I didn't race them for all that long, durability was a bit of a concern. . .:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts