Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to contact these guys for week now and have received no replies.

I received part of an order, but the other half is missing and a bill was sent for the whole thing. Seemed strange they wouldn't pack it altogether since shipping is expensive from the UK to the US. Anyone ever dealt with these guys? It's been over a month before the first part of my order showed up.

I'm not even sure how to call outside of the US, I've just been sending constant emails.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,962 Posts
Let us see..how many threads a month are there on this topic (HINT HINT HINT: Look o'er in Hot Deals).

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap then transfer this thread to the "hot deals"

I just got done reading some of the bad experiences with TC. I should have stuck with Excel.

Oh well I'll give them another week and then I'll back the charges off my Visa.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I've ordered from them before with no problems. I had to sign for the orders which required a trip to the post office. I've had better luck with probikekit.com. Probikekit does not charge for tax or shipping and you don't have to sign for the order..Excelsports is one of my fav online bike shops..

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Dinosaur said:
I've ordered from them before with no problems. I had to sign for the orders which required a trip to the post office. I've had better luck with probikekit.com. Probikekit does not charge for tax or shipping and you don't have to sign for the order..Excelsports is one of my fav online bike shops..
Also see the "Ribble" thread...seems some people think there's issues with credit card fraud with Ribble and PBK...though more with Ribble from what I read.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
My experience with them was weird, but I got what I needed in a reasonable time frame. There was a "ghost" hiccup, they called and said that part of my order was on back-order and shipment would be delayed approx 7 days. Yet my entire order landed on my doorstep 4 days after that call.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered some campy centuar levels and received them in about a week. After I installed them, I discovered the right lever shift mechanism was broken. I sent a flury of emails and it took a month for them to respond. I sent the levers back (had to pay shipping) and never heard from them. after about about a month and a half, they refunded me by crediting my credit card (not the shipping though). No response at all to my emails. Their prices look good but their customer service sucks. If you have a problem with your order, expect a very long wait to have it resolved. I wouldn't order from them again.

I like excelsports too. They are great!!!

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Yes!

Bocephus Jones II said:
Also see the "Ribble" thread...seems some people think there's issues with credit card fraud with Ribble and PBK...though more with Ribble from what I read.

We had someone fraudently using our credit card number and a couple of the orders came from Europe (charge for currency conversion). Probikekit is the only place I have ordered from in Europe recently. I contacted probikekit and they said none of their employees had access to my credit card number. Their credit card purchases are outsourced to paypoint.net Luckily our bank caught the charges and we were not charged for them. One was almost $300.00. I won't be ordering from probikekit again. since someone else brought this up there must be something to it...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Campy-on-a-Trek said:
...........I like excelsports too. They are great!!!
Seriously - they are excellent. I ordered a set of wheels on Monday and they arrived on Thursday with standard ground shipping. Bu that is more because I'm only 450 miles from them and on a major UPS route. :D

Back to totalcycling. I ordered DA 7900 levers on Feb. 5 and received them around Feb. 20th.

Just ordered a set of brakes and a front derailleur from them as neither probikekit or wiggle had them in stock. They would have been my first choice if they had the product.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Excel

MerlinAma said:
Seriously - they are excellent. I ordered a set of wheels on Monday and they arrived on Thursday with standard ground shipping. Bu that is more because I'm only 450 miles from them and on a major UPS route. :D

Back to totalcycling. I ordered DA 7900 levers on Feb. 5 and received them around Feb. 20th.

Just ordered a set of brakes and a front derailleur from them as neither probikekit or wiggle had them in stock. They would have been my first choice if they had the product.

Yeah, Excel is great. I had them build a new rear wheel for me. Was on my doorstep in one week. Excellent build and I could not beat the price anywhere. I've also contacted them a few times online and I get a fast response..

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Dinosaur said:
We had someone fraudently using our credit card number and a couple of the orders came from Europe (charge for currency conversion). Probikekit is the only place I have ordered from in Europe recently. I contacted probikekit and they said none of their employees had access to my credit card number. Their credit card purchases are outsourced to paypoint.net Luckily our bank caught the charges and we were not charged for them. One was almost $300.00. I won't be ordering from probikekit again. since someone else brought this up there must be something to it...
I ordered a couple tires from PBK a while back and so far so good. I'm going to keep a close eye on my MC activity for a while though to be safe.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Dinosaur said:
Yeah, Excel is great. I had them build a new rear wheel for me. Was on my doorstep in one week. Excellent build and I could not beat the price anywhere. I've also contacted them a few times online and I get a fast response..
I have the added benefit of being able to go down there in person should something go wrong.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I've ordered several items from them

Bocephus Jones II said:
I ordered a couple tires from PBK a while back and so far so good. I'm going to keep a close eye on my MC activity for a while though to be safe.

I've ordered several items from PBK during the last year with no problems. The fraudulent charge just popped up. I don't want to go through the hassle of canceling our card and being issued a new one. Plus I am very happy that is our bank that caught it..

·
Registered
577 Posts
I placed an order with Total Cycling last week (Brooks Saddles and bar-end shifters). Got a confirmation e-mail, then nothing further. Haven't seen a charge to my card. Haven't got a reply to my four e-mails. I wrote them one last one saying I considered the ordered cancelled.

Lucky for me I was just issued a new CitiCard, so the one I made the original purchase with doesn't work anymore anyway. New numbers now.

Lesson learned. Just cuz there's a good deal in Djibuti, doesn't mean it's for me.

I ordered parts from Velo-Orange instead and think I'll be happier with their products.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I still haven't received a reply to all the emails I've sent them. I've given up.

There prices are really good. I think the problem is they don't actually stock what they advertise and with no current updates on their site as to what is and isn't in stock they're going to have some long delays.

I don't understand why they don't reply to emails though. A simple reply that were waiting for backordered items would be a lot better than nothing at all.

At anyrate they did send me part of my order, but I'm missing about $200 worth of stuff that I'll wait another seven days on and then I'll cancel, it will be almost 8 weeks after that.

·
Cpark
2,062 Posts
Here is my experience with Totalcycling.com
I ordered a red Time RXR Ulteam (for 2315 GBP - about $3700 in Dec), 2 Contis and a red SLR Ti saddle back in Dec.
I got the confirmation email next day but nothing more.
I check my credit card but they never charged the card.
I sent an email in January requesting the shipping status and got the reply back right away from Mike. He indicated that the red one is on back order until middle of Jan but the white is in stock if I want the white one instead. Since I have a Time Proteam which is white, I declined the offer and indicated that I'll wait for a red one.
Meanwhile, I noticed that they increase the RXR price up by 30%+ ($4600+).
I sent an email if they would honor the old price but my email went unanswered.
Early February, I email them to cancel my order because I got tired of waiting and decided to hold off on buying a RXR since the price has gone up.
This week, I get an email saying that the frame is back in stock will be processed and shipped.
I check my card and still no charge. I sent another email asking how much will I be charged? Mike replies back right away and indicate that they will honor my Dec order pricing. Two days later I get a ship notice from Parcel Force with a tracking #.

Now here is the surprise. I check my credit card and they charged me only $3500 for the RXR, 2 conti Supersonics and the SLR Ti saddle!
Not only they honored the Dec pricing, I became a beneficiary of the de-valuing of GBP against the US dollar. I'm keeping my fingures cross and hopefully I'll get it soon.....

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Last Tuesday (March 3) I ordered a DA 7900 front derailleur and a set of DA 7900 brakes from Totalcycling.

They arrived at my house this morning March 9.

What else can I say?

Maybe my "clean living" is paying off. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
forget email--pick up the phone and call. lovely gal with a charming irish accent will talk to you--or at least that's who i spoke with when i had a question about my order.

great service & price. shipping time was awhile--about 2.5 weeks from order to delivery, but the shipping manifest showed it got held up at u.s. customs for almost a week for some reason, hence the delay, which was outside of their control.

i'd suggest you don't order anything from there you need quickly, but would otherwise be fine with waiting a week or two to receive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts