Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Have good, get give
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Element Six

The local "wrench guy" is somewhat to highly fond of these frames. Apparently from a little research they are an identical frameset to some other frames that are rebadged for different markets (TT, Wimmenz, etc.)

They run 700 with frame/fork/headset which is a pretty good deal these days for a new frame. Not super light, but not a brick.

Anyone?

· i like whiskey
8,493 Posts
That looks like one of those Pedal Force frames, just rebadged. The PF frames got decent reviews, IIRC, so you might check those as well. Comparable priced too. I think BD carries the Kestrel Evoke frameset in the same price ballpark too.

I assume this is a replacement for the frame that was trashed during the trauma ride? I trust you are healing up well.

· Have good, get give
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
innergel said:
That looks like one of those Pedal Force frames, just rebadged. The PF frames got decent reviews, IIRC, so you might check those as well. Comparable priced too. I think BD carries the Kestrel Evoke frameset in the same price ballpark too.

I assume this is a replacement for the frame that was trashed during the trauma ride? I trust you are healing up well.
Yeah, he said he knew that frame was sold under any number of names. Maybe this is one of the newest, dunno. This is the cheapest frame/fork/headset combo it comes in and the letters can be stripped.

· Registered
3 Posts
Yes, they are sweet

I decided get my first quality roadbike, and originally decided to go with an Orbea Orca, but they had a pretty big $tag. Being a former bike mech I looked into building my own, and looked around for frames with similar geometry to the Orca, luckily I found the E6. Took a chance on it, and it has been awesome. Spent about 2.2k on the whole build, for a 56cm, weighs under 15.5lbs with my full saddle bag, cages, and gps (and pedals and saddle). It's super light, super fast, and super fun. And the service with them was awesome, they were great giving me tips on the idiosynchrosis of the frame when I put it together, for example it has an integrated tapered head tube. So basically, I saved myself 3k by buying a similarly equiped Orca, and dropped two pounds, only thing I wouldn't mind having is the paint job, which can be had here in Portland bike central for a few hundred bones. Buy one, they're legit. I mostly do centuries etc but it would be perfect for someone just getting into racing.

· Registered
499 Posts
A buddy of mine had one of the TT frames.

They are a generic carbon frame that can be purchased under several names: Element Six, Pedal Force, Planet X, to name a few.

Cadel Evans actually rode one of the TT frames in the Tour de France several years ago. IIRC, it was when he was on Lotto and Ridley had not yet developed a quality TT frame, though my time line could be mistaken.

· Registered
3 Posts
I took a gamble and bought the road frame to build up. Stiff, comfortable, light, people are super helpful to work with. It's just under 15.5lbs for a medium frame, including pedals, saddle, 2 cages, gps mount, and my full saddle bag for a total of $2200 bucks (+sweat equity). Nuf said. Oh, and frame/fork comes with warranty.

· Registered
178 Posts
Have about 3K miles on mine. No races other than a 70 mile local tour event, the rest is training and group rides. No problems to report. CS was great, they even pressed in the BB30 bearings for me.

This is from when I first built it, only change is I don't have the Race Lites anymore. I alternate between a set of Mavic CC for group/social rides and a beefy IRD Cadence/Powertap set for training.

Not a blingy/flashy with the straight tubes and external cable routing, but at the 1/4 of the cost of a high-end carbon frame, I can deal. :D

It's quite stiff and responsive, but it's also my first carbon bike so I have nothing else to compare too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.