Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 3T Funda Pro fork for my R3, as a replacement for the EC90. The dealer wants to charge me $50 for install, which I thought was a little steep. I can handle cutting the fork correctly, sanding, and the epoxy for the insert. Is there anything special about the headset and assembly that I can't just figure out without a special tool? The headset is integrated isn't in? Will it come out when I take the fork off?

Help please.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for everyone's help

This wasn't a warranty replacement, it was an upgrade. I just wasn't happen with the performance of my R3 with the Easton fork. Having had an R3-SL with the Wolf fork, I remembered what I was missing!

My LBS did it for $25 and the bike couldn't look hotter. White R3, black 3T fork, Campy Record, and Reynolds DV46T's with most of the decals stripped except for the word Reynolds. Sick looking bike now.

This isn't something I would have tried on my own usually, but I wasn't sure if cutting the excess was the hardest part, in which case I would have tried. For $25, not even taking that chance.

Thanks,
Justin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts