Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making and eating a Turducken over the course of about 1 week is on my list of things to do before I die. Anyone ever done this? I'd thnk it would take forever to cook and that the turkey would get all dried out.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I happened to read a national geographic article on the town in louisiana where the turducken originated(their feature where they pick some BFE town and profile it). I'm gonna go google national geographic turducken and see what I find. the issue was november 05

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
never made it

my ex's mom used to. (How's that Il Sogno?) was quite tasty. one key (goes for most Turkey prep) Ice Bags on the breasts.That way they cook slower and don't dry out.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
atpjunkie said:
my ex's mom used to. (How's that Il Sogno?) was quite tasty. one key (goes for most Turkey prep) Ice Bags on the breasts.That way they cook slower and don't dry out.
Yeah, nothin' worse than dried up breasts.

I imagine one of these things would feed 15-20 people.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Yeah, nothin' worse than dried up breasts.

I imagine one of these things would feed 15-20 people.
or this lady....

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
the town is maurice, louisiana and the place is herbert's meats (herbertsmeats.com). you can order a turducken here and there is also additional info on it. i'm not sure if maurice is where the turducken originated or not. probably not.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
the town is maurice, louisiana and the place is herbert's meats (herbertsmeats.com). you can order a turducken here and there is also additional info on it. i'm not sure if maurice is where the turducken originated or not. probably not.
anything with "turd" in the name better be good. :rolleyes:

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
TURDUCKEN 8-10 lb, $60
Feeds 15 people

TURDUCKEN 14-16 lb, $70
Feeds 23 people

That's cheap as hell for so much food. Plus it comes with pork sausage stuffing!

For my wedding, I'm just going to have 10 turduckens and 20 bottles of gin in my yard. Total cost = $1000.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
TURDUCKEN 8-10 lb, $60
Feeds 15 people

TURDUCKEN 14-16 lb, $70
Feeds 23 people

That's cheap as hell for so much food. Plus it comes with pork sausage stuffing!

I was right on when I guessed 15-20 people.
Do they ship overseas? I'm feeling a bit peckish.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I've had them

My Father-in-law used to get sent one each year at Thanksgiving. It was excellent. Not dry at all, nice and moist. The sausage stuffing really sealed the deal. We ate it for days

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
From Herbert's Meats

"A Turducken is a delicately deboned turkey that is stuffed with boneless duck and chicken. A delicious cornbread dressing and pork stuffing is then added to separate each poultry. Special seasonings are sprinkled over and into the entire product. The Turducken is vacuum sealed forcing the seasonings into the product enhancing flavors and freshness. All you have to do is put it in the oven. You are sure to have a meal that will impress even the best gourmet."

Q: How do you debone a turkey, duck and chicken?
A: Years of experience.

"Emeril vs. Martha : the Turducken Challenge" I excluded Iron Chef bc it would be candyland for him.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uprwstsdr said:
My Father-in-law used to get sent one each year at Thanksgiving. It was excellent. Not dry at all, nice and moist. The sausage stuffing really sealed the deal. We ate it for days
Did he get it from herbertsmeats?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
skip the Gin

if you are having Turducken at your wedding serve it with Dixie Beer and Moonshine. Toss in some Hurricanes for the ladies.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
For my wedding, I'm just going to have 10 turduckens and 20 bottles of gin in my yard. Total cost = $1000.
Aren't you forgetting something? You'll need cups and ice. That's another $20 at least.

I recently got married. I know these things.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Aren't you forgetting something? You'll need cups and ice. That's another $20 at least.

I recently got married. I know these things.
and then you need another $500 to clean up all the barf after people eat and drink that combo of stuff.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts