Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my HRM on while driving back from the race on Saturday. How the hell do I cut out the extraneous info? - Checked the Polar Help files which are next to useles...

HRM is S725x - S/W is Polar Precision Performance v4.03

· Registered
17 Posts
You can't remove the extra data.

As far as I know, you can't remove the extra data. The error correction function only allows you to modify the data you have (i.e. change that 67.5mph spike to a speed more reasonable for what you were doing at the time.)

But you could add a lap marker to the end of the ride. Just open the file, right click the spot where the ride ended and click "Add Lap Time / Marker." When you mouse over the marker it will give you a brief summary of your ride. Hope this helps.

· Registered
21 Posts
I don't believe you can remove data using the error correction tool in the software itself, but you can manually edit the data file and remove any info that you want.

You have to find the right file first. In my case it is in the C:\Program Files\Polar\Polar Precision Performance\myname\2006 directory. The file names are in the format yymmdd01 (for the first file created that day, yymmdd02 for the 2nd file of that day, etc). If you open the file with Notepad or Wordpad you can manually edit it.

The last section of the file is marked with a "[HRData]" header. This is the detail list of each reading that was taken. You can delete (or change) any of the lines of this section and it will be reflected in the software next time you view the file. So in your case, you would want to determine when your race ended in this list (maybe by using the heartrate column, which is the first column of data in my case), and then delete everything after that.

I would suggest creating a copy of the file before you try to edit it just in case it doesn't work out like you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.