Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this isn't a dupe, but Phil Keogan (host of the Amazing Race) has just started a cross-country ride from LA to NY. Daily video updates are here:

http://www.philridesacrossamerica.com/index.html

Looks like they had one hell of a tailwind yesterday coming out of Vegas! Anyway, looks like fun. I'd love to do a trip like that someday, but there is just no time for it right now. :(

·
Registered
766 Posts
Pretty cool!!

Wow, I didn't even know he was a rider... I'm way impressed!!!

I just discovered this a couple of days ago and finally finished catching up on the video blogs.... he is has now made to somewhere in Iowa and is having to get IV's......He looks pretty rough and has been thru quite a bit of wind and cold... but I think he is just past the 1/2 way mark now.

I just did a search on the forums and this was the only thing that came up, figured more would be following.

I have to say it is also pretty inspiring to see the people with MS to come out and meet him.. And I also like the fact he is trying to raise awareness of cycling! Go Phil.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poor guy is taking a beating though - he's been riding an incredibly difficult schedule. Nearly 100 miles a day (or more) for a month is insane. I consider myself to be in really good shape, but I know I couldn't do that right now.

Anyway, it's been entertaining. Every day I look forward to his twitter and video blog updates!

·
Registered
766 Posts
San_man said:
Poor guy is taking a beating though - he's been riding an incredibly difficult schedule. Nearly 100 miles a day (or more) for a month is insane. I consider myself to be in really good shape, but I know I couldn't do that right now.

Anyway, it's been entertaining. Every day I look forward to his twitter and video blog updates!

He is pretty funny... watching the show he seemed kind of smug to me... I was wrong now that I see the video blogs.... and it funny to see his perfect photo from the show or the beginning of this ride and now... wow... his face certainly shows all the miles he has put in day after day!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts