Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving to Peoria, AZ in two weeks. I have been gone for 10 yrs and a lot has changed since I left. Where to ride? I will be near Happy Valley and 67th. Any groups or club rides in the area? Goal is to ride from the house, if possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
welcome back to the valley nephro. A lot of new roads, bike lanes, and better riding in your area.
I'm at 43rd ave and HV and ride road and mtb in the area. You can take Happy Valley or Jomax west to good routes out west. Happy Valley is the main route to east routes: Cave Creek, North Scottsdale, etc. Norterra Pkwy parallels I-17, heading up north toward Carefree Hwy, New River, and Anthem.

If you also happen to be a mountain biker, there are a lot of new trails over the last few years---Black Canyon Trail(60+ miles), Mcdowell mountain preserve in N. Scottsdale, Deem Hills(north of Stetson Hills/east of Stetson Valley development.

Enjoy spinning the wheels in AZ again!

Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
we are reviving the Stetson Valley(NW Phoenix) circuit ride on Thur evenings.
If you have a road bike, come check it out.

Thurs night road rides---Stetson Valley circuit
WEEKLY(Thurs) road ride in Stetson Valley, north of Happy
Valley/51st intersection.

What: Road training on 4- mile scenic loop, low traffic streets, with
90% bike lane. Safe area to ride--no through traffic.

All rider abilities welcome--rec riders, mtb racers, mx racers, whatever. Let's spin those wheels for a good workout.

When: Every Thurs night starting at 6:30. If you're late, just join
in on the next lap--it's a loop.

Where: Deem Hills Park, north of Happy Valley rd. & 51st ave---go north on 51st 0.7 mi, turn right on W. Deems Hills Pkwy 0.5 mile to Stetson Hill Park on right. Course passes passes north bound on Deems Hills Pkwy. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...23003&t=h&z=15.

Bring: Road bike,and lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
for the first Stetson road ride, looks like we are multiplying by 2's. Keep 'em coming and maybe soon I won't be the slowest one..oh well

Also, riding mtb Tues nights at 7, on the Deem Hills trails or Pyramid Peak trails.
See you Thurs/6:30(road ride)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.